cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost center question..pls help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the reply...but what I am looking for is not a change in the standard hierarchy but to replace it...let me try and explain....

there is this alternate hierarchy called "abc" and a standard hierarchy called "Pqr". Now the company is wanting to replace the pqr with abc....i am not sure if there is a transaction available for this....or if you have any idea to do this in a couple of steps. The need is really urgent for the company...if you can tell me if there is any sap notes in OSS which I can refer and run also it would be great...thanks a million for your response..I will await your response...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat!

Actually this is not "easy" at all. You would have to do the following: call transaction OKKP->choose the controlling area->on the first view try to change the field "Standard-Hierarchy"...an error will be processed if You have already assigned cost centers to "PQR". To make "ABC" Your new standard hierarchy You have to change field "KHINR" in database table "TKA01" with an ABAP or

SE16N. Just fill "ABC" into TKA01-KHINR. Afterwards re-run transaction OKEON. There You will still see the "old"

hierarchy. Use another trick here: search for the top-node of Your new hierarchy (e.g. "ABC"->then the system will find it). The search is done on the left screen section.

Click on the search result on the left to display this new hierarchy. The change should then be finished. Test this first in a sandbox system!

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Florian