cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center filed blank and grayed out in tcode-pa30 (infotype-0001)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The cost center field is blank and grayed out in infytype-0001 in tcode PA30.

Can anyone please help me on how to change that field?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor

Think u are useing the Cost Center in IT0027

Check the Switch Plogi Orga it shd be deactive in V_T77s0

and also u shd mai tian the cost center to the Position

Edited by: Sikindar on Jun 3, 2009 9:32 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

cost center you will not be able to update directly in Infotype 0001. You must go through position (PO13) or org.unit (PO10).

Through Position maintain relation ship A 011 or through org. unit maintain relation ship B 003.

If you alread maintained and it is not updated in IT 0001 then run program RHINTE30 through se38

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply!

I am not familiar with HR module and have not used tcode PO10 before. I tried to use it but it didn't work. Can you please give me some more detail about this process?

Your help will be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cost Center assignment can be against Organizational Unit or Position.

Position is tied up with Organizational Unit. So usually we assign cost center to organizational unit.

So first chack that on which position you want to hire an employee and check to which organizational unit the position is attached. So for this go to PO13 and select current plan and enter the position no in Position field. then go to overview and check for relationship A003 (Belongs to). The related object type will be O. Get the related object id and go TCODE PO10.

Select the current plan and enter oragnizational unit ID in oragnizational unit field which you have retrieved and click on create button. Enter A 001 in Relationship type/relationship fields and then select Cost Center in Type of related object dropdown. Then enter the cost center in ID of related object field. and save you record.

After this go to PA40 and hire an employee on the above taken position and the Cost center will get defaulted by itself.

If you have already created the IT001 then you need to run report RHINTE30 and enter the personnel number on the screen for which you want to update the assignment and execute the report it will update the IT0001 record with new assignment.

Hope this will help

Regards

Guds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guds,

Thanks for giving such a detailed explanation!

But when I am trying to run program RHINTE30, and selecting the personnel number and running the program, nothing is changed.

One ofthe lines in the output says that "Number of personnel selected: 0"

Do you know what could be the possible reason for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another thing I wanted to add was that the client is not using HR. There is only HR mini master for CATS time entry.

And there are no positions defined. I don't know if this info would be of any help to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If I can make out correct then if you view the record of IT0001, there will be default position maintained in Position field i.e. '99999999'. In this case RHINTE30 will not select your personnel number as there will be no position assigned and most probably the switches in T77S0 table for integrating OM and PA might also not activated.

Most probably the cost center has been maintained in IT0027. You can check there for your employee and also you can directly give cost center in Time entryy through CATS.

Hope this will help

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are partially correct.

I have maintained the cost center in IT0027 and IT0315 because the employee is entering time against a project. Everything is working fine and the employee is able to charge time to the project.

But the cost center field in the top right in the CAT2 tcode is blank. Any idea how I can populate it.

No positions are maintained in HR. I am using the default positions maintained in the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to populate cost center field in CAT2 screen there is only way in standard SAP, maintain cost center through position or org. unit(follow the guds process). If you maintained cost center in IT 27 & 315 it will not populate in IT 0001 & until unless there is no cost center in IT 0001 you will not be able to bring cost center in CAT2 Screen.

Experts correct me if I am wrong....

Edited by: Rajesh Jogiparthi on Jun 4, 2009 9:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you are using default positions, why you need cost centres information, any specific reason??

If you want to maintain a cost centre you should create every thing like Org unit, position and job then assign a cost centre to it.

Friend plz corrcet me if iam wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because thread author want to see cost center in CAT2 screen, for that cost center has to be maintained in IT001.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update the relationship via position number and tcode PP01.