cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center Ending

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a cost center that is Valid From 01.01.2006 to 31.12.9999. However, that cost center was extinct. The control dates are all blocked, but the cost center continues valid.

How I could modify this situation?

Thanks!

Regards

Mary Jane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I just solved my problem. The solution is in note 7317162. It´s a program error!!!

I would like to give some points to some of you, but I only managed to give to Sridhar. Someone can explain me why? The forum only permits one reward??? I hope that the others can forgive me. I didn´t know that!!

Thanks to everyone and my special thanks to Nimit and James.

Thanks

Kind regards

Mary Jane

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please confirm if that was the OSS note number, I could not locate it! I get a message An SAP note with the number 7317162 requested could not be found.

Points can be given for every answer provided by other community members.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Sorry, the note is 731762!!!

Kind regards,

Mary Jane

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The cost center you trying to delete is Being used by an internal Order Go to se 16 and go to AUFk and search by the cost center and see what all assets are using that cost center. Go to AS02 and take the cost center assignment for those Internal orders.You should be able to delete it then.

Assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

It´s not a asset, but a manutention order (PM), that is closed.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though it is closed take out the Cost center assignment. KO02 take the assingment and check it again.

Assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

T.Code IW38 is to change the maintenance order. Once you remove the cost center assignment from the PM, you should be able to delete the cost center for the future end dates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

The KO02 is for internal orders. The order that I have is a PM order. I cannot take away the cost center.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u check whether that order has been fully settled or it is still posting to this cost center....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

T.Codes: IW38 to change and IW39 to display PM orders.

IW38-->Enter the PM Order and click the execute icon. Under tab Add. data->Responsible CCtr center. Once it is changed, you should be able to delete the cost center for the new analysis periods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

You can also display a PM order by using T.Code KO03. But you cannot use KO02 to change it. You have use IW38 to change it.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There shall be no transaction in that cost center, should you need to delete. Cost centers are time-dependent master data. Therefore, for any period where there are transactions or commitment still open, you may not be able to delete it. For any open period, you can delete using KS04, like say from today till 9999, it can be deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can change the validity period for the cost center ... either use ks04 to delete the cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the validity period of the Cost Center in T.Code KS02. Once transaction data is posted, Cost Center cannot be deleted.

Thanks

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimit,

The system doesn’t permit changes in these dates. In the other hand , I couldn’t delete my cost center because it has records.

Thanks and Regards

Mary Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u want to delete the cost center from future postings u can do so with KS04....

goto KS04.. enter the cost center...

enter the date range from which u want to delete the cost center upto 9999 year... the period for deletion shld not have the transaction data....

it will work...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

The system doesn’t permit changes of dates in KS02. Only permits create a new period of validity.

Thanks and regards

Mary Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimit

I´ve tried, but it´s not worked

Transaction: KS04

Valid From 25.08.2007 to 31.12.9999

System Response:

Deletion is not possible (dependent records exist in table COKA)

And I haven´t any future records!

Thanks

Mary Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this cost center any default cost center for any cost element?

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can check thro OKB9

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it is not.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transaction SE16 > Enter COKA.

Enter KS(4 character your controlling area)(10 characters, your cost center, padded with leading zeroes) and

Execute. This will show the cost element.

Go to KA02 > enter that cost element> go to Default account assign tab> Remove that cost center.

Then run KS04 for future period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I did what you explained to me, but the cost element that appeared for the year 2007, doesn’t had any default account assign

Thanks and regards

Mary Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

Use T.Code: KS02 -->Edit->Analysis Period->Other Analysis Period->Enter the dates from the month where there are no postings to the future period. Save it.

T.Code:KS04>Delete Cost Center. Enter the cost center>Select the new analysis period. It will delete the cost center for the new analysis period.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be there are some planned records? T-code COEP can show for the costcenter cost element combination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

System response: Deletion not possible (usage is in table AUFK)

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to search this table with the object number as described by Sridhar...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimit,

I have one record of a manutention order Created on 17.09.2004 Changed on 12.01.2006!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

also in KS03.. go inside the screen... then goto Environment.... and check Where used list....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

The cost center was existing in a CO-PA Actual Assessement Cycle and in the PM ordern (though has been fully settled) . Now, I eliminated in these sides and the system response changed:

Deletion not possible (usage is in table T811C)

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

In these table, I find a register of another cycle that is valid today, reporting to a CCSS table. Where could I find this cycle?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I´ve just found the transaction (KSC8), but this cycle doesn´t have the cost center that I want to close.

I don´t know what´s happening.

Do you have more ideias?

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

Try the following:

KS03>Cost center display>Environment>Where-used list>Cycles. You should see the receiver and sender. Note the sender/receiver cycles. I am not sure whether it is distribution or assesment. I am giving you the both the t.codes. If it's not in one, it should be in the other.

Distribution: KSV2->Change Actual Distribution cycle

Assessment: KSU2->Change Actual Assessment Cycle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is CO-PA cycle, try T.Code: KEU2