cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost center default for a wage type in payroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

All our payroll costs are going to get posted to cost centers attached to infotype 0001 or 0027 distribution model. But our client requirement is , there is an allowance where the cost should post to a single cost center and not to the employee assigned cost centers . For example all employees who has taken this allowance in this month it should get posted to a single cost center , irrespective of the cost center attached to infotype 0001/0027?

is there a way to achieve this kind of solution in payroll schema? can we default the cost center any way? or is there a work around for this solution?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I think you should ask your client wether he would like to do this on one wage type or many.

Then you should store the relation Wage Type - Cost Center in a table (Z table with actualization view).

Then you could use badi HRPAD00INFTY method AFTER INPUT to do the Cost Assignment.

Hope this helps !

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is Maintain Cost assignment button (Ctrl+F2) on screen of infotype which can be used to input a different cost center for allowance entered by client.

You can use same and work out your solution.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ameet,

Thanks for your reply. My client does nt want to input the cost center every time when the user gives the wage type. Is there any way where we can default in the schema or any way in the posting to say that this goes to the single cost center.

Regards,

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably in this case you will need to write PCR to check if input wage type abcd is input then cost center must default to xxxxxxxx in cost assignment.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

i was unable to fina an operation which i can use to default the cost center. Please guide me.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think i can use outwp to get that..will let you know the result soon..thnks

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you would need to use a rule which will ultimately put an entry in cluster C0 or C1 and which will display a cost assignment ID for that wage type in RT for which entry for cost assignment in C0/C1 cluster.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

As Ameet suggested, the best way to assign account assignment for the wage type in infotype. I believe account assignment could be defaulted for a wage type through User-Exit or writing a bdc program for your specific wage type upload .

Whiteraystech

SAP Support On cloud

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is Maintain Cost assignment button (Ctrl+F2) on screen of infotype which can be used to input a different cost center for allowance entered by client.

You can use same and work out your solution.

Thanks,

Ameet