cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Express Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having an issue using copy express on Business One 2005, to copy the print layouts from one database to another, on the same server. What I've noticed is that I get a message saying that the copy was successful, but only some of the print layouts copied and others did not. I've also looked at the log and haven't found anything on it. It is just completely blank. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know why this is happening or have a resolution?

Thank you very much,

Danielle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Danielle,

The Copy Express problem you are mentioning, I have not heard of. There may be another person on the forum that has experienced the issue, but possibly not as this forum is for the SAP Business One SDK. For a quicker response to the issue you are having, you may want to log a message with SAP Tech Support.

Another though is you could use a SQL Query to copy the report templates from one company to another. The attaced query copies the layouts based on the AUTHOR and you will need to supply the appropraite parameters, but it is another thought to try.

DELETE [*Target DB*].[dbo].[RDOC]
from [*Target DB*].[dbo].[RDOC]
where [*Target DB*].[dbo].[RDOC].Author = 'Template Author Name'

insert into [*Target DB*].[dbo].[RDOC]
select *
from [*Source DB*].[dbo].[RDOC]
where [*Source DB*].[dbo].[RDOC].Author = 'Template Author Name'

DELETE [*Target DB*].[dbo].[RITM]
from [*Target DB*].[dbo].[RITM], [*Target DB*].[dbo].[RDOC]
where [*Target DB*].[dbo].[RITM].DocCode = [*Target DB*].[dbo].[RDOC].DocCode and
[*Target DB*].[dbo].[RDOC].Author = 'Template Author Name'

insert into [*Target DB*].[dbo].[RITM]
select [*Source DB*].[dbo].[RITM].* 
from [*Source DB*].[dbo].[RITM], [*Source DB*].[dbo].[RDOC]
where [*Source DB*].[dbo].[RITM].DocCode = [*Source DB*].[dbo].[RDOC].DocCode and
[*Source DB*].[dbo].[RDOC].Author = 'Template Author Name'

HTH,

Eddy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your information. I will inform the project team of this option and see how they want to proceed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danielle,

I've just tried coping Chart of Accounts from one DB to another using "Update All" on the same server and I had a similar issue. The Title Accounts were copied but not the Active Accounts. I ran the same Selections again but this time using "Update Existing Records". It worked. I think it had something to do with the "Parent Article"/OACT.FatherNum. It probabilly did'nt copy those Parent accounts in the DB at the time. After I completed the first run, and the Parent Accounts were in, the next run found them in and continued with the Child/Active Accounts.

Hope this sheds some light....

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Noor,

Thank you for your suggestion. I did try this and received the following warning message "Queries and Print Layouts should use copy method of Add New Records Without Updating Existing'.