cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy express addon is not responding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

When I am trying to copy master data from one database to another database by selecting all check boxes in Data Categories, the copy express is not responding. With out selecting the master data it is working properly but master data is not updating.

My requirement is to update the master data from one database to another database.

Please give me suggestions, what I have to do.

thanks in advance

with regards

Narayana Reddy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can not select each and every check box to get it copy all data at a time.

Pls go one by one. it will get copied and check the version of copy express.

Download latest version from service portal and try.

regards

kamlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamlesh and Aditya,

I followed the lines as u said, still it is not responding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kamlesh,

I am working on the latest version of the copy express i.e.6.80.01.90.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Why can't you try out DTW for master data migration. This would be the simplest and easiest way to migrate data.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayana,

I have concern about the unresolved dependency problem with 'exclamation mark'. Because when you choose all checkboxes in Master Data category, thereu2019re a lot unresolved dependencies.

Dependencies are displayed to avoid situations arising where copying of records fails due to missing dependent records in the target database.

There're some suggestions for your consideration:

1.Resolve all dependency problem with 'exclamation mark' before copying.

2.When there're a lot user-defined fields(UDF) and user-defined tables (UDT), it's highly recommended to copy that when we create a new company by checking:

Copy user-defined fields and tables

Copy user-defined objects

3. In Copy Method Options, choose Add New Records Without Updating Existing Records.

4. Create a new DB and test.

In addition, we have Expert Empower Sessions (EEs) available on this topic. You can refer to Channel Partner Portal->SAP Business One Add-ons landing page->Copy Express->SAP Business One 2005 A Copy Express (January 12, 2006)

If problem still persists, please report a message.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jacqueline Jiang

SAP Business One Forums Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayana,

As Kamlesh said copying the data one by one would help.

Also try to notice the progress bar which is below the screen where it let you know the error passing by, thus you might understand better.

Regards,

Aditya.