cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy control for BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using Bom item in quotation where item categories are AGX and AGN. I created one order with reference to quotation for partial quantity. Where item categories are TAP and TAN. when i want to create second order with reference to same quotation. quantity is updated for only for AGN/ TAN items but not for AGX/ TAP.

regards,

K.S.Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the incompletion rule for item category- AGX

will be "B", item will be completed after full qtty has been referenced.

U might have taken the ref is full qtty.

Check once again n try.

n itz better post with example:

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raj

I kept B in completion rule in AGX item category. Even thou updating is not happening with AGX / TAP. when i am creating order with reference to quotation for BOM item(LUMF)

my problem is still there

regards,

K.S.Rao

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

check the copy control from QT to OR,at item level

AGX,

Reexplode strucute/free goods:,

<b>PRocedure:</b>

This field controls the copy logic for main items with BOM explosion. BOM explosion in the sales document is based either on fixed SD BOMS or results from a variant configuration.

You can request the system to reexplode a BOM according to a new date (determined from the required delivery date or current date) and a new quantity (when you are copying partial quantities from a reference document). Other components may also be determined in this way.

You should only use this control for item categories that represent the final product, that is, for the main item category.

Example:

Item Material Qty UoM Item category

10 BOM-MAT 2 PC TAQ

20 COMP1 2 PC TAE

30 COMP2 4 PC TAE

if references are made to this order, you must define entries in the copy control for item categories TAQ and TAE. If you don't do this, the items will not be copied because the context for the item may get lost, or because the system works with the same BOM explosion as in the reference document. However, because the new order has a much a later date, the bill of material for that date will look different and the result of the explosion will be different.

u can specify that only the main item is copied and therefore that the relevant bill of material with a new date and quantity is reexploded.

The sub-items are not copied at the same time and are no longer subject to the copy control. The table entries for copying item category TAE to TAE are no longer necessary and are ignored if they still exist. The system does not consider any manual changes to the reference document because the components are no longer copied but re-determined.

*Hope It Helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raj

My pricing is at sublevel ie item categories are TAP and TAN's.

Not TAQ/TAE

still my problem persist

regards,

K.S.Rao

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that in std system only the higher leve item is copied, then the BOM is 'exploded' again; so if you want to update the lower level items you have to copy only them.

pls. reward if helpful

Roberto