cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA KNDNR characteristic from FI posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm facing an issue with KNDNR derivation in simple FI customer invoice.

When posting such a document, the profit center is transferred automatically from P&L line item to the segment bloc. Unfortunately, this is not the case with the customer characteristic.

First question is whether it is possible or not? The reason is that we donu2019t want to reenter this characteristic manually in profitability segment blocu2026 If the answer is yes, what are the prerequisites?

Costing copa activated in our system.

Thanks in advance for your inputs,

Pawel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys,

I will check it and let you know...

Pawel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, please post the result of your efforts. I am very interested as I have a similar requirement coming my way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Well, it was my question

As you said, the customer is stored only within the GL-relevant line.

I was thinking if it is possible to find any suitable workaroundu2026

I think that OBBH wonu2019t help us. I mean, even if I copy the customer number into a revenue line field, COPA wonu2019t be able to enter it automatically as a characteristic due to different field namesu2026

Any user exit?

Thanks,

Pawel

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I guess, You can try to use the exit COPA0001.. There are 4 or 5 exits in COPA, one of which can be used for sure

you can find the COPA exits in the COPA IMG menu as well

You can write ur own code in it and copy the customer char into COPA doc where record type = B..

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Ajay, if there is a way, it is through COPA0001. I am not sure if you can refer the triggering FI document in COPA0001 though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

btw ECC6 EHP 4

thanks,

Pawel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawel,

do you have the customer in any field in that line of your FI document that goes to COPA (i.e. P+L account "revenue' or similar)?

I don't think in a standard environment you have that. You only have the customer in the line for the customers account, not in the P+L line.

Unless the customer is somewhere in the relevant line of the FI document, how could it be passed on to the COPA-document though characteristics derivation?