cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA cost estimate using costing sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have done the relevant copa configuration related to Material cost estimate using costing sheet. I have maintained all the condition type required in the costing sheet.

Can anyone plese help me out with the Transction code which I should run to do the material cost estomate using costinbg sheet. And also how I can link the estimated material cost in my Profitability analysis report.

Thank you

Regards

Paul

Edited by: Paul01 on Dec 20, 2010 1:31 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor

Hi Paul

What is your purpose?

1. If you just want to fetch the material cost estimate (std cost) in COPA, then what you are doing is not correct...For this,

a. KE4U - Valuation Strategy 001 - (DETAILS Tab) assign 001 to Qty Field ABSMG and tick "Mat Cstng" indicator

b. KE4U - (Assignment Tab) Assign 001 to PV=01 and Record Type = F

c. Create a Costing key in KE40

d. Assign Costing key to mat types in KE4J or KEPC

e. Assign Cost Comp Split to Value Field in KE4R

2. Costing sheet in COPA is used for doing some calculations during billing and updating the same to COPA... For eg: you want to add 2% of your Std cost as Freight to COPA (Statistical value)... This can be done using Costing sheet...

In order to use Costing sheet in COPA,

a. Create a Costing sheet - (You already did this)

b. KE4U - Val Strategy 001 - (DETAILS Tab) Against Valuation Strategy 001 - Assign this costing sheet against "Application = KE" and Qty Field = ABSMG.. Do not check "Mat Cstng" against this indicator..

So, if you want to use Costing sheet in COPA, your KE4U may have 2 entries under the "DETAILS" tab..

(1) As per 1.a and 1.b above

(2) As per 2.b above

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Many thanks for your input and sorry for not being clear on my question.

I have both requirement as you stated in your answer.

In point no 1 of your answer, I have done all the necessary configuration as you have mentioned. But I have have one doubt which I wanted to ask you, here we are not using product costing and the costing key has the relivant assignment of costing variant. Do you think in relation to costing key and costing variant I ll have to do some setting in Product costing to flow the Stand material cost?

In point number 2, I have the same requirement as you have explained with you example.

The question here is,

As a part stadard process do we update to material cost by costing sheet as each document wise? Or is it the activity that can be performed in before taking the copa report?

Regards

Paul

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. If you are not using prod costing, then that step is not relevant for you.. you need not create Costing Key in KE40 and assign it in Ke4J... In KE4U, you need not tick the "Mat Cstng" indicator also.. You will create only one entry in KE4U i.e. only for the costing sheet...

2. It is ideal that you update the COPA with the costing sheet at the time of each billing document... Though doing it at period end is also possible, but cumbersome.. I would suggest update to COPA at each billing document

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

In that case since we dont have product costing, how we can flow the stand cost of the material.

I was off the view that, we can do that using costing sheet. Do you think it is the right approach?

Regards

Paul

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

If you dont have product costing, how would you calculate Standard cost? The only option you have is to update through MR21 in the material master

In that case, it would be enough if you have VPRS as condition type in all your pricing procedures.. It would update standard cost to COPA during billing from SD.. you dont need costing sheet for that

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Ajay

Answers (0)