cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA characteristics updated with wild characters (####)

Former Member
0 Kudos
1,078

Hello Friends,

We have custom characteristics (WWXXX) for capturing contract number from sales order, which is stored in ZFIELD of VBAP table with enhancement.

This characteristics dervied properly upto last week. It means whereever contract number in VBAP table it is derived in characteristics WWXXX.

for the past two days the characteristics are updated with wild characters (####) in COPA document (we checked in KE23N-display copa document).

when we check the VBAP table we have contract number on that.

further when we check KE4ST - simulation it shows the contract number in value before column and after column.

Can anyone come across this type of issue? please share your expertise.

Thanks

VSN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathi

How is this WWXXX Char Getting filled? I think you might be using an Exit which needs to be adjusted for Abap code.

Whether you are using Exit or not, I think the best way to find the root cause is to Debug it using Function Module KEDR_COPA_DERIVE.. The documentation inside the FM explains how to debug it

you need to put Break Point at the STEP NO. (The Step No = the No. of your Derivation Step in KEDR)

Once you put a breakpoint, Try releasing it from KE4S again... That should tell you the root cause

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay for your valuable input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Issue resolved by KEDR_INDX_REFRESH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathi

Thanks. I was quite curious on this issue as well.

Just to add more for understanding of others, you may please refer SAP NOTE #

2190930 - KEDR: Derivation buffer may contain obsolete data

1867726 - Problems caused by structural changes in tables VBAP and VBAK in COPA

Regards

Mustafa

Answers (0)