cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA Assessment cycle issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am having issue in COPA Assessment cycle execution (KEU5), i  created a cycle to allocate cost from a cost center to COPA.

in cycle, i have given sender object as cost center and receiver objects as "ZZZZZZZZ" in customer and product fields as we need to allocate to all customers and products in that specific company code, ( have given company code too in receiver object)

When i execute the cycle in test mode, i could see the cost is being allocated to only 3-4 customers/ products and the sender/ receiving tracing factor is showing 300+, i suppose it should be 100% only, but i am not sure why it is showing 300+.

I created the cycle with rule of allocation on variable portions and not on fixed portion or fixed percentage.

Can any one give idea why system is trying to allocate only to few customers/ products and not all in the specif company code?

Why system is showing the values Tracing factor and what it indicates?

What are the other steps i need to do in order to allocate the cost to all customers and products in a company code.

Thanks

Babu

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

You check which customer and product have value for value field or key figure as a variable receiver tracing factor using t-code ke24.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, but i didn't get you!

could you give some more details on this?

Thanks

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

As shown in the following examples, I allocate cost center's cost to co-pa using co-pa cycle which have customer and product as receiver, Line 4 don't recevier cost center's cost because Line 4 don't have tracing Factor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for update,

In cycle both customer and product fields updated with "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ", so i hope there is no possibility that it will allocate to few customers/ products.

I didn't get you about your KE24 check, what you want me to check in KE24.

Thanks for understanding.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babu

What Big Choi is saying is correct...

You are allocating based on Say, sales revenue..

In a month, only 4 customers were billed (for example).. So, even though you have A to ZZZZZZZ in customer field, only 4 customers will receive the allocated values

System wont do any mistake here and this i can say with 100% confidence

Br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

Assessment values will get updated based on tracing factor. Let me explain you a small example:

You have three CCs A, B and C. and you are allocating values to COPA with Product characteristic.

Values here are:

Sender values of CCs:

Cost center A - $10000

Cost Center B - $5000

Cost Center C - $20000

Receivers: Products  X, Y and Z

Receiving tracing factor: Revenue

Assume Revenue of product X = $100000 and Y = $50000 and Z = 0 (no revenue updated)

Based on the above tracing factor " Revenue" only X and Y products will updated as revenue figures are presented in the system based on revenue values where as for product Z no assessment values will be updated due to non availability of tracing factor (revenue values)

This conversation was trying to explain by Big Choi and Ajay...

Hope its clear!!

BR, Srinivas Salpala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Big Choi, Ajay and Srinivas thanks a lot for your input.

Now i understand that system will allocate the values to the receiver objects based on transactions posted on a specif month and not to all customers/ products even it is maintained as ZZZZZZZ...

But if i execute the cycle it is allocating the values to the products/ customers which doesn't have any documents posted in that month, say customers A, B, C, D but if i run the cycle it is allocating the customer X, which doesn't have any postings in the specif month, so where else i can see the base of allocation of the values to the receiver objects and what is the role of below fields in Segment Header.

Value field for variable cost center costs

Type of variable parts of tracing factor

Thanks

babu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Without Receiver Tracing Factor, system can't allocate values. What receiving tracing factor (RTF) you use to assess values? Check the RTF in the cycle and the same values in COPA to understand the assessment process.

BR, Srinivas Salpala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I think that you can understand co-pa cycle through below SAP help portal site.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/7a/4c3afb4a0111d1894c0000e829fbbd/content.htm?framese...

Prior to explain the Value field for variable cost center costs, you should understand the concept of

marginal costing.

• Marginal costing

In contrast to static standard costing, this method splits costs into fixed and proportional costs (based on the cost center structure divided up into activity types). The planned cost rates (determined by price calculation) are included in the costing to valuate the activity quantity structure from the work plan. Analytical cost planning, and the proportional costs it calculates, enable better decision-making. By using marginal costs, for example, you can determine short-term, lower limit prices. 

In product cost planning, you can determine whether full or only variable costs are relevant for stock valuation when you specify characteristics for cost elements. You can use the latter to determine the "variable cost of goods manufactured". If you use this method to calculate the standard price, then the system only credits the cost centers with the variable portion of the activity type in Cost Object Controlling when the costs are recorded. The fixed portion of the activity type remains on the cost center. You can transfer it at the end of the period, using assessment in the Profitability Analysis (CO-PA). The advantage is that fixed costs are not proportionalized in the actual data, enabling true contribution margin accounting. 

Production costs calculated using product costing can be used in profitability analysis to evaluate the products sold on the basis of marginal or full costs (corresponding to the cost of sales accounting method). Additionally, cost splitting into fixed and proportional costs enables you to display the true contribution margin on the basis of marginal costing, in the Profitability Analysis component.