cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting planned orders into contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

When running MRP, It seems that is only possible to create Purchase requisitions, schedule agreement divisions or planned orders. I need that the MRP output goes to a contract.

Does anyone know if itu2019s possible to do it directly from MRP run?

Or perhaps there is some BAPI or user program to convert planned orders in contracts.

Appreciate the help I can get!

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

I don't think that it possible (for sure not as standard functionality), and it also doesn't make sense. More, contracts are not MRP elements, so even if you suceed to make an enhancement to create a contract from a planned order, you will get in trouble on the next MRP run!

Could you describe your special business situation that requires this? Maybe we can think of a way to address it differently...

Regards,

Mario

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The idea is to crete an item of a contract that allow the planner to make the purchase order himself, without the need of putting the PR in the approval flow.

For example, we have contract with a vendor for safety boots. Running MRP outputs a planned order, that is latter transformed in a contract solicitation using transaction ME21 with reference to contract in a manual process. The idea is to create a mechanism that allow us to make this process more automatic and efficient.

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MRP is an operative planning mechanism. If you want to be more efficient in purchasing and bypass the PO path, the alternative would be using Scheduling Agreements.

Nevertheless, normal MRP cannot be used to trigger the creation of SAs. This is a strategic purchasing job, and, as a contract, cannot be created from a planned order.

You could use Long Term Planning and Purchasing Info System to get an idea of which SAs are required, but it is mainly a manual process.

Later, after you have the SA defined, you can make MRP create delivery calls in the agreement automatically.