cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling area Currency and Fiscal year Variant for roll out

kishore_kumar111
Explorer
0 Kudos

My client has acquired a new company in abroad.Te new company has different fiscal year and currency.My client has already six companies in SAP and all six companies have same currency and fiscal year variant but different from the new company.All six companies are using same controlling area.

In currency settings of controlling area ,currency type is 10-company  code currency which is  INR .

How can I use the same controlling area for new company code which has different fiscal year variant and different company code currency.If I use the same controlling area for new company would I get reports in both currencies.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

Your present company having com codes within India and using com code currency type 10 and currency INR...But new company is outside India , so you can't use this controlling area for that com code because the new one must have diff com code currency ( local currency)..It will not work in current settings.

Option is to create separate controlling area for the new one or convert controlling area currency as Group currency type 30 and currency will remain as INR where your new com code may have diff currency USD in com code currency 10. But before you make any changes think about impact on present business data.

Kamal

kishore_kumar111
Explorer
0 Kudos

If I create a new controlling area, Would I get cost center reports in both currency i.e. INR and USD?

Thanks in Advance

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Suppose your new company is in US..so com code currency will be USD which will be the legal entity..but you can use parallel ledger to get reports in other 2 currency...

Secondly if you want that your new controlling area will report you on INR because all other company are in India and reporting in INR..in that case you can define "Controlling area currency type" for your new CO area with currency INR..then it will give you all reports in CO in INR.

But taking any decision on this issue be sure about your requirement.

Kamal

Answers (0)