Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control time posting for a project

Pedro_muller
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

I am facing a requirement that I was expecting SAP ByD could handly.

Requirement:

• Control the time entry posting dates as defined on the projects.

Dates available to be defined in the ByD Projects:

• Project Header - Start/finish date
  • Project Header - Team & Staffing
  • Project phase and tasks - scheduling
  • Project phase and tasks - work

Expected behaviour:

• The users should submit time only based on the defined dates.
  • If the user tries to use a different date defined on the project (before or after), ByD should return a warning when they save the entry and then an error message trying to release the time.

Present behaviour:

• ByD does not restrict any date

Does anyone already face this requirement and issue in ByD timesheet?

Thank you,

Pedro Muller

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Pedro_muller
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is a SAP note regarding this process:

- 2779229 - Hours Recorded in a Project Outside the Start/Finish Date of the Project

Another useful SAP note regarding project dates:

- 2468301 - What is the difference Planned dates, Scheduled dates and Actual dates in a Project?

I hope this is useful.

Thank you,

Pedro Muller

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

CATS can populate the work list based on work force planning data. For example if you assign certain people to do the job on the NWA master data that can be visible on the work list in CATS.

Next you can do the data entry section read-only, means the only option is to copy from a work list.

As for the dates I would disagree, because planning is one thing, and actual execution is another, so dates does not need to match. Otherwise it will be a simple CATS enhancement to validate respective dates, same as maybe the remaining work.

Regards,

Paulo

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a quick note on top, I do not know how exactly the ByD product works, so my answer is about the standard SAP system. I assume ByD is something pre-configured, but otherwise with same functional capabilities.