Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract vendor 105919 differs from vendor 105920

former_member370848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We got a requirement from the client

Contract xx exist with US vendor 105919,but now business wants to create PO with the xx contrat for other Kenya vendor 105920.

In order to fill the requirement, i have added kenya vendor 105920 in US vendor 105919 partner functions.

Vendor master partner functions

While creating PO with contract number system is showing two vendors, but once i select kenya vendor system is automatically picking US vendor.

when i tried to enter kenya vendor mannually system is throwing error Contract vendor 105919 differs from vendor 105920. and system is not allowing us to change vendor.

Could you please provide your inputs on where I missed settings.

Thanks,

AMD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

adwait_bachuwar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have one contract with US vendor. Then why are you trying to use the Kenya vendor? Is he part of the same vendor but subsidiary of US vendor?

Looks like you have a central contract with US vendor and is having subsidiaries all over world.

If this is the case then create a PO with reference to contract and in PO try to change OA. Are you still getting same error? I have tried in my system wherein the contract is created but there are no partner schemas for the document. Then i was able to create PO with reference to contract and was able to change OA in PO.

Best Regards,

Adwait Bachuwar

former_member370848
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks All for your help.

Yes Adwait, while creating purchase order sytem is showing two vendors in that i tried to select vendor OA- 105920. but system is picking main vendor OA105919. We have partner schemas maintained.

Can you please provide possible solution, so that i can approach with client to convice.

Thanks

AMD

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You always create the order against the VN vendor, and the order will then be send to the selected OA.

So just make sure you place the order at the VN of your contract.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not mix OA with VN. OA is used for ordering address and VN is your main vendor.

Whatever you can see the vendor for VN in contract, system will only allow to create PO for VN vendor.

You can't use a different vendor in PO which is maintained for OA partner. System will propose OA vendor(s) only for partner function OA in purchase order.

Your pop-up message is showing only just to select OA partner function not VN (main vendor).

adwait_bachuwar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned by Jurgen and Dev. You have to create a contract with VN partner function to US vendor code.

Then you can activate partner functions in PO. Create Po with reference to contract and the VN partner function should be same as of the contract. Then you can change the OA partner to Keneya vendor code. This way all your requirements could be met.

Please do test in your system and then propose it to customer.

Best Regards,

Adwait Bachuwar

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Partner function must be unique in master record. But you've assigned two different vendors for the same partner function (OA).

If the US vendor is partner to the Kenya Vendor then you need to replace the old ordering address party (US Vendor number) by new ordering address party(Kenya vendor number) instead creating partner function repeatedly otherwise it is not possible to pass the contract to other vendor which has been created with reference to some other vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you refer the contract for creating PO, in std the system takes the same vendor code for which contracts is created and not the other vendor code as you want and this is std behavior if the system.

If you need to order the PO on vendor code 105920 then you need to have contract created on same vendor 105920.

In short the system will only allow to create the PO on vendor same for which contract is created.

You can also refer the KBA which was suggested earlier for more information.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This pop-up is showing for ordering address as because you are using two ordering addresses in contract.

It is not possible to use a different vendor in purchase order as you are referring a contract.

Think from business point of view, why system will allow you to continue to create a purchase order with a different vendor who is not involved with your contract.

You have done a deal with vendor A, then purchase order should have to be raised with vendor A only.

Of-course you can use different partner vendor, but not for main vendor. Your main vendor has to be same in contract and purchase order.

Read the KBA document 2174995 - What is the meaning of 06 047 and 06 030 system messages?