cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumption at unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I have query, when ever warehouse issuing the material or chemical to unit for consumption, as per sap material hasbeen consumed and accounted, BUT here my query is that, If any material has pack of 5KG, and i got it from ware house but my consumption is only 2KGS, then How can track rest of the stock, Is there any suggestions.

Ex:- 5KGs issued from ware shouse

2KG is my consumption

3KG is still available with me, what is the way to manage this quantity in sap.

Best Regards

srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to maintain stock count with you, it would also mean that material with you would be valuated.

Once you issue for consumption, you would not be able to track it directly, because it implies that the material has been used up.

As far as the enterpise is concerned, the material is no longer avialable and FI postings are made to reflect this status.

What you can try to do is change the point where the consumption posting takes place from warehouse to your local unit.

For this, your unit which is using the material would have to be maintained as a plant and material type should have value and quantity updating in this plant.

Now, when you take material from warehous, do a 301 mvmt type - plant to plant transfer, for e.g., for 5 kg.

When you use the 2 kg, do a consumption posting from this new plant. Then the new plant will show 3 kg in stock.

Otherwise, if it is feasible, maintain the local unit as an Sloc. Do a SLoc to SLoc transfer for the warehouse to local unit transfer (5 kg). And then, when you use the material, do a consumption posting from this Sloc (2kg). In this case the liability remains with the warehouse till the end.

Other option could be via customer consignment, but of this I am not sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav

Thanks alot for your valuable answer, here my query is that minimum lot size of that material that 5KG i cant not issue in 1KG it was 5KG TIN,

What will be the soulution this case?

Regards

srinivas

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your base UoM is BOX (e.g.), then you cannot track in anything smaller than that.

But if your base UoM is KG (e.g.), and 1 BOX contains 10KG, then you can always use both BOX and KG for issue and tracking.

You need to maintain he conversion in material master.

What is your base UOM and your issue UOM?