cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consolidated chart of accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

can u tell me the way how do i create consolidated chart of accounts and the need for creating Country Specific Chart of Accounts, in the context my company code and along with other sister Company codes need to provide a consolidated group company Charts of Accounts.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You create a group chart of accounts (OB13) and assign it to your operating chart of accounts. you can establish link between every GL account in your operating COA to GL accounts in group COA via gl master (FS01/02/03) via group chart of account field. If you choose to use ECCS (Enterprise Controlling-Consolidation) , then for each GL account in COA you need to create FS Items in ECCS module (1:1) and build the consolidated COA. Otherwise group COA can act as consolidated COA.

You need Country COA if you need to meet reporting requirements of specific country. An MNC with operations in various countries can have a common COA (operating COA) to ensure standardisation of accounting, but use of operation COA doesnt help in meeting specific accounting countries of country of operation. this arises need for country COA and you can establish a link to each GL account in country COA to GL accounts in operating COA via gl master (FS01/02/03) via alternate chart of account field.

So group COA sits on top to provide consolidated reporting (in much summarised form, cause 1 or more GL accounts in operating COA can be linked to 1 GL account in group COA) and then you have operating COA (to ensure standardised accounting across countries and facilitate cross company code controlling) and then alternate COA for meeting local requirements.

hope this helps.

Rgds.