cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to SAP Business One from a client machine using DI API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All, i am learning to use the SAP Business One version 8.8 SDK. I have written a dll using Visual Basic 6.0 which adds business partners, delivery notes and goods receipt voucher from a third party application. This is working fine on the server where the database is sitting but once i try to run the dll from a client machine i am failing to connect to the SAP Business One Database. Can anyone please help. Can anyone also explain to me how to generate and use the add on identifier.

James Nanchito

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

What error message are you getting when the DI API fails to connect? Is there an SBO client installation on this workstation and can this connect without issues?

For a DI API connection, make sure you are setting all the required connection settings, including the LicenseServer property and a valid database and SBO user. Also make sure that there are no firewalls blocking SQL (default port 1433) and the license server (ports 30000 and 300001) between the client and server.

For the AddonIndentifier, please have a look at this article:

/people/lisa.mulchinock/blog/2009/04/01/sdk-licensing

It's important to note that you don't need to use an AddonIndentifier. Without the identifier, your connection runs under the Compatibility license which all sites will have as standard.

Kind Regards,

Owen