cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure email layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear forum,

How i can configure the layout email for alert management module?.. Because the people who received the alert notification by email, the layout is not so informative.. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan

I don't recall any configuration or layout setup for this. As far as I know it is hard coded and the only thing you can affect is the data of the report itself and which columns are displayed. If you want "nicer" e-mailed reports or layouts then you will need to use XL Reporter with its Job scheduling, or maybe Crystal Reports. Only problem is they are not linked to an alert or trigger in the system as their schedules are time/date bound.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

According to your email, i can modify column whether invisible or not according to system provide... but i can't find how to do it... because at alert management , the layout result are not shown in menu.

for instance when i activate the alert management for deviation from budget, i only got this message :

( only 4 columns visible, perhaps if i got account descriptions it's more useful ) ... same thing when i got only BP Code (credit limit alert)

Deviation from Budget

Account Monthly Deviation Annual Deviation Document

609.311 IDR 8,800,000.00 IDR 8,800,000.00 Journal Entries 5795

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan

You can use SQL Profiler to get the SQL statement that SAP uses for any table read or update, or alert. The profiler records the SQL statements as the database is accessed, and you can then copy the statement and make changes as necessary. You will need to replace any variables that SAP uses, with your own. Bear in mind that you can use SQL statements for reading only, and not updating the database in any way directly.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan

There are 6 pre-defined alerts, and these you cannot change. I was referring to the queries attached to alerts which you can change, sorry that I was a bit vague on this. You can also write your own alerts to achieve the same as the pre-defined alerts and then the information contained will be based on your query.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Thanks, can i 'have the predefined alert formula in SAP?just copy it? because i can not execute it on query manager..