Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

Configuration of Asset Classes

Bohdan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello!

I'm trying to configure asset classes in OAOA. Would you like to advise my what the following three fields are usually used for:

- Check box under "Inventory data": for what classes is usually this functionality applied to?

- Check boxes under "Status of AuC": what option is used for what classes? I think that "No AuC or summary management of AuC" should be used primarily for ordinary classes e.g. machines & equipment, buildings etc. and "Line item settlement" should be used primarily used for different AuC classes e.g. tangible assets under construction, low-value assets under construction etc. Am I right?

- Check box under "Manage historically": is this field option used for all significant e.g. not low-value asset classes?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friend,

1)Tick in Inventory data means, the asset will be included in the physical inventory list. i.e. reports of physical inventory of assets will show only if the checkbox is ticked(E.g report S_ALR_87011979).

2) a) If you tick the investment measure, assets of this asset class can be created only by settling internal order or WBS. You cannot create asset and post directly in Asset accounting.

b)Line item settlement, will give you the option for the final line item settlement.

c)No AUC or Summary management means, Assets can be created even without AUC (i.e direct postings allowed) and there will not be proof of origin maintained for AUC to asset.

3) Manage historically will help you track the asset for values in paper in the form of asset chart.

Manage historically check box will be displayed in asset master also. You can tick the checkbox if you want to track the asset values,transactions etc in paper in SAP forms.

Hope it clarifies.

Regards,

G.Sethuraman

Bohdan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Best regards,

B. Petrushchak

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member221187
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 inventory data tab used

That means, the indicator Include Asset is to be managed at main and sub asset ...Here select check box for Class for the invenotry data field.

2 one status of auc use

> 1st option purchasing fixed assets these radio button used.

> 2nd one AUC asset settlement it can useful.

> 3rd one investment assets we can measure it

3.Using this indicator will give the possibility to see detail information of asset in report RAHIST01.

You can also read documentation of this report in transaction SE38.

Thanks,

G Rajendhar.

Bohdan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Best regards,

B. Petrushchak