cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition Type to COPA ( +/- Indicator Usage)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In our Transportation Management Project, we have a charge type Fuel Surcharge that is passed from TM box  to ERP box. We map this charge type to MM condition type when we transfer the FSD document. The fuel surcharge MM condition type (FUS) can have positive or negative value. Another condition LH (linehaul) will have always a positive value. They both are mapped to same G/L account. The cost element has cost element category as 11 and in KE4IM the +/- indicator is checked for FUS condition type.Both condition types (LH & FUS) are mapped to the same value field.In PA, the system is always adding up LH and FS condition type value irrespective of FUS is positive or negative.

Also, there is another condition type FUT (it can have +/- value as well) which is mapped to a different G/L account.Cost element category is 11. This condition is mapped to a different value field. in KE4IM, +/- indicator is checked for this condition type. In COPA, this always comes with + sign.

In our PA reports, the formula is: LH - FUS - FUT

I looked into SAP 33178 and it talks about making changes in a program which was supposed to be in section 2.1.2  which is not there !!!

Where I am going wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ajay & Kamal. I already have LH & FUT going to separate value fields. The scenario is:

Condition type LH (always positive): G/L 1000; CE=11, Value field: VV006

Condition type FUS (can be positive & negative): G/L 1000; CE=11, Value field: VV061

Condition type FUT (can be positive & negative): G/L 2000; CE=11, Value field: VV006

Formula is: Rev- (LH + FUS) or Rev- ( LH+FUT) (two reports)

LH is Basic Freight Charge

FUS: Freight Surcharge 1

FUT: Freight surcharge 2

Also, these are MM Condition types. Does cost element category impacts MM conditions or only SD conditions?

Please suggest.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brother

If you don't have a constraint on Value Fields, I would suggest map them to a separate Value Field

That will be the Cleanest way. Create a New VF and map the Cond Type to it

Ajay M

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyadarshi

You can use same GL/CE for both the scenario...

For giving effect of (+/-) you should create CE12

and for other CE 11

But posting will be in separate GL a/c

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kamal, so in the above example, LH & FUS G/L should have Cost element category 12 and for FUT it should be 11?

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Priya

As told by Ajay it is better to post 2 separate value field ...

If it is sales deduction always CE 12 and in case of revenue 11

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I think that your problem is related to your cost element category ‘11’.

Cost element category ‘11’ is sales revenues.

In case of sales revenues, credit posting have positive regardless of transfer +/- sign in condition of normal document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Big Choi. What do you suggest for cost element category? I tried with 12 and still got the same result.