Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition record for PO Output at plant level

former_member219452
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a small query about output Condition Record for PO.

Currently, we are maintaining the condition record at "Company Code/Document Type"

level in MN04. It means it is applicable for all the plants in that company code. In this

record, we have maintained the number of printouts as 2.

But, now user is asking to maintain the specific condition record at the plant level. Actually,

these plants are also existing in the above company code. And, here, he is asking to maintain

no. of print outs 4. And, this should be specific to these 2 plants only. Not for other plants in the

Company code.

For this, I have suggested him to create new PO Document type and create a condition record

with this new PO doc. type and company code combination. Then, if he create the PO for the

above 2 plants with this new document type, he can get the number of print outs as he required.

And, there will be no other impact for the old condition record.

But, user doesn't want to change the PO doc. type. He wants to continue with the same previous doc. type.

And, wants to maintain separate condition record for his 2 plants.

But, in MN04, there is no key combination for the plant and document type level.

So, kindly let me know, what kind of settings needed for the above requirement.

Thanks,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The PO output determination is at header level only and the item level fields wont be considered during message determination in standard. Refer the note: 457497 - FAQ: Message processing in purchasing Question Num 34.  Also check the similar threads: and

In your case, you may expand the field catalog to include the field like user ID as explained in the note: 39462 - Expand field catalog in message determination for purchasing and create a new condition table with this field. Add the new condition table as the first access in the access sequence. Maintain the condition record for the specific users who need a different condition record. If this condition record is not maintained, system will go to next access like company code / document type and  check the normal condition record.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member219452
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasoon,

I have seen your note above. I believe that, it would be correct. Bcz, once we develop this logic to trigger the output at receiving plant level, there might be some confusion when we are entering the multiple line items for the multiple plants in the PO. I think, if it is really needed to the business, then they need to create the PO specifically for these 2 plants only. Once, they will enter other plants along with these 2 unless having condition record in the same Key combination, then output may not be triggered.

I have explained the same thing to the business with the technical impacts on this. And, suggested to use new PO Doc. type for this scenario. Once, they will agree for the same, I don't have any issue. Otherwise, I have to go for the Exit.

Thanks,

Satya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member219452
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasoon,

Yes, I have tested it. The thing what you told is correct. Message is not triggering for the plant combination. As Patra suggested, I have created the Condition table in M/59 and assigned the same to Access sequence in M/50. Here, condition record has been created successfully. But, message is not triggering.

Regards,

Satya

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems you are not completed Fine tune control for PO, kindly check and do the same via the following path if not completed.

OLME - Messages - Output Control - Message Types - Define Message Types for Purchase Order - Fine-Tuned Control: Purchase Order.

After maintained the condition record (MN04 or MN05) select document type and click communication then pass output device, Print immediate and all.

Regards,

Karna J

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even with fine-tuning the message determination is not carried out at plant level.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why you can't use plant for your condition record..

You need to create a new condition table with Company Code, Plant, Purchasing Doc. Type from M/59 as below :

Then assign it to your access sequence from OLME-Messages-Output Control-Access Sequences-Define Access Sequence for Purchase Order.

Then you will get the key combination in MN04 as below :

Try it and revert back if any issue.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you test the scenario? Is the message triggered automatically for the plant specific access?? Message determination for PO is at header level only. Refer the note: 457497 - FAQ: Message processing in purchasing - Question Num 34.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. I didn't know about the note .

When I went to the condition table, I saw the field catlg as plant, I thought this should work.

Thanks for your information. I appreciate that.