cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company namespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm new to SAP and am currently taking the elearning for the SDK. One of the lessons indicated it was necessary for a company to obtain a company namespace. My question is do we only need one namespace for our company or would we need a different namespace for each of the addon projects we will build?

They also mentioned a development prefix, does that need to be registered as well?

TIA,

Steve

View Entire Topic
Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Steve,

This link to the SAP Service Portal will help answer your questions about namespace and assist you with applying for namespace.

http://service.sap.com/namespaces

Hope that helps,

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eddy,

Actually I was hoping for a little clarification. Do we only need need one namespace for our company regardless of how many addons we create?

Is the development prefix administerd differently than namespaces?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes you need only one namespace. That ensure you that all the development you may do regardless the AddOn will be unique.

then, depending of what you want to do, you may have to ask licencekey name.

If you create AddOn for your own company, you don't need to ask for a licencekey name, but if you want to sell Add-On, you need one licencekey name for each add on.

With the licencekey name, you can generate an AddOn Identifier, that you use in the parameters to connect to Business One

HTH

Sebastien