Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collective orders and backflush indicator

former_member219186
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

is there any relation between the collective orders and backflush indicator.

my setting are

i have fin prd and S/F material

i have set up OPJH to have collective order goods movement

sp proc 52 in sub order material that is S/F and also backflush indicator 2 in S/F material.

when i am trying to create order i am getting error inactive backflush indicator.

so after investigation we found we put some check in one include of order creation to check if the resb-rgekz is initial give error.

my question is does sp proc 52 affect backfush indicator any way as what i have observed while debugging that if i maintain

sp proc 52 and backflush indicator in Material Master the resb-rgekz is not populating but when i am removing the sp proc 52 resb-rgekz is populating while debugging.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does your order type has automatic goods movements active?

former_member219186
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeevan,

yes its active

Thanks for your quick response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, if you activate this flag in OPJH, you also need to take care that automatic goods movements will happen, e.g. by setting the backflush indicator. Goods movements for the direct production materials (SB0 52) are posible during confirmation only because transactions like MIGO cannot post a 101 and 261 altogether.

Regards, Andreas

former_member219186
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your response.

if we do need to set up bacflush indicator why its blanking it out in RESB table when i have 52 set up

when i am trying to create order its blanking out the backflush indicator

Thanks

Shaiil

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Collective order automatic goods movement works using a slightly different logic. As soon as you do final confirmation on your lower level order (in the collective structure, HALB in your example) it does goods receipt 101 of itself and it issues (261) itself to its parent order (doesn't see if the parent production order is confirmed or not). This means backflush is void for direct production (52) because back flush happens during confirmation of the parent order. The reason is to avoid issuing it to parent order, twice (avoiding redundancy).

You can see the ABAP code for the include LCOSDF0V

Below is the excerpt from the code.

Resest backflush sign if
* 1. not relevant for inventory management
*    except for pipeline material (sobkz)
* 2. direct production 
* 3. direct procurement
* 4. phantom assembly
* 5. bulk material
* 6. serial number obligatory

You can also refer to this SAP [help link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/ee/b6532cae8011d19e97080009b0db33/frameset.htm]

former_member219186
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeevan,

Thanks for the such a detailed explanation.

we have made some checks to provide error for material without backflush indicator.

i guess we have to make some change in logic.

Thanks

Shaiil

Answers (0)