Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COFC Errors

former_member240010
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We need to close some work orders which are from past which periods are closed, when we are trying to close we are getting confirmation errors, when i look in to sap note 530174 we can cancel confirmations with program ZCOFC_CANC from past period, this below statement is confusing me in note 530174

The system checks if the posting date of the cancelled confirmation is in the open posting

period. If the posting period is closed, the system uses the posting date specified by the user

for the cancellation.

After cancellation of confirmations, what is the process to close the orders, do i need to reconfirm them, or just i close orders without confirmations?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system checks if the posting date of the cancelled confirmation is in the open posting period. If the posting period is closed, the system uses the posting date specified by the user for the cancellation

This means that if the original posting is in a closed period the cancelled confirmation is posted on the data specified by the user (when running ZCOFC_CANC).

After cancellation of confirmations, what is the process to close the orders, do i need to reconfirm them, or just close orders without confirmations?

That is a choice you need to make. Is the confirmation important? If so, you could make a confirmation but specify a data in the current open posting period. You need to ensure that the original reason for the error has been resolved so posting can be done without same error again.

-Paul

former_member240010
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for Reply, Paul user don't want to see confirmation errors in present period so we are implementing 530174, although after implementing 530174 we need to post the cancelled confirmations in the current period. Will that effect in any financial truncations in current period?

Just we want those orders to be close, we don't mind not doing confirmations for that orders, if we don't do confirmations for that work orders I think  it wont reflect in any financial transactions in current period. Is That right.

Please ignore if my questions doesn't make sense, I am new to PM space

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Certainly when you do confirmation for Order it will affect the Financial posting for that period. As When you do Confirmation against order it will reflect in Actual Cost of order.

Rgds

Sunil

Answers (0)