Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#COE#Deloitte - EBRR postings to clear the WIP Accrued and Revenue Adjustment

aramaisa
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team 

Please advise.

If Run Revenue Recognition is set up for all project codes what will trigger the postings to clear the WIP Accrued and Revenue Accounts? If the project code is In Execution stage and no recent financial posting occurred.

Thank you.

Regards,

Angelina Ramaisa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Feras_Al-Basha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Angelina,

It is difficult to share specific thoughts to your question since details on rev rec keys and on the use-case are not provided. Depending on the rev rec key and postings, the rev rec run will yield different results.

From the scenario you are describing, in a T&E contract for example that is based on SPTM Time and Material DIP revenue recognition key, I would expect for no postings to occur as a result of the rev rec run since no postings occured on the project. In contrast, for periodic service contracts, revenue recognition may be updated when the period end job is ran. Furthermore, from the scenario you are describing a use-case that could trigger postings is if fixed price project incurred changes in the planned values. Accordingly, the rev rec run would correct the revised PoC details.

Although you may have seen this before, for reference, please find the rev rec cookbook that elaborates on all the relevant details.

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/SAAP/SAP_Activate/S4H_645%20Revenue%20Recognition%20Cookbook%20S...

Hope this helps.

Feras

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aramaisa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ferasbasha3

thank you for your response, apologies for not providing full details. I always preach full details to my clients and I didn't practice that here.

I'm enquiring for Fixed Price projects - SPFC

Thank you.