cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#COE #BA01 Making Journal Entry Reference fields available in Supplier Invoice Line Item

RyanMuller
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our business has been using standard reference fields available for journal entries a lot(examples XREF1-XREF3) and would like to continue to use those fields in the AP area at the Supplier Invoice Line Item level for the same purposes.

Can these standard reference fields be made visible in the Supplier Invoice applications (Create Supplier Invoice, etc)?

I don't see them in Field Status Group config and while we can extend new custom fields across areas via Accounting Coding Block, I don't see any options for extensibility with standard fields available in the universal ledger.

I'd rather not have to recreate a bunch of standard universal ledger reference fields as custom and burn up more of our customization space if I we can avoid it.

Thanks,

Ryan

TamasFodor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days. You can unaccept it anytime if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Tamas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alice_kl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

There is no standard configuration options to make reference fields available in supplier invoice, but you can create custom fields in supplier invoice and link them to journal entries by enhancement.

Regards,

Lynette

RyanMuller
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Lynette,

I was afraid that was going to be the answer which means we have to create custom fields to fill then need of standard reference fields.

I hope that with the universal ledger in the future that these reference fields become more universal in their use and availability in areas like the Supplier Invoice so we don't have to customize unnecessarily.

Regards,

Ryan

Answers (0)