Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO-PA reporting - summarization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody.

I have the following task:

We have SD BOM, which consists of Material A - it's a header, Materials B and C - they are sub-items.

During releasing billing documents, we have the following line items in CO-PA:

Material (A, B, C) Revenue COGS Etc..

The question is - what is the possibility to summarize the values of Revenue and Cogs from sub-items Materials (B and C) up to the header material A.

Thanks in advance,

Medved99

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to SDN...

Since both are separate materials - you cant directly summarize at the Header Level..

however, if you have same material group for A/B/C

OR

If you execute line item reports made from KE94, you can execute at Sales Order level which will be common between the 3 mats

OR

You can create a Char Hierarchy from KES3 and assign A/B/C to the same node

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay

Not sure whether you have noticed or not, you are repeating the same answers at least three times for most queries. Not sure its some kind of bug with in SDN. It's not bothering me at all, but just wanted to let you know

thanks

Hari

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

I am myself fedup of this...

I reported to SCN atleast 5 times over 2 months, but they say its a known bug and no estimate as to when it wil be resolved...

the only solution I feel is to make me a moderator so that i can delete the extra posts myself

br, Ajay M

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to SDN...

Since both are separate materials - you cant directly summarize at the Header Level..

OR

If you execute line item reports made from KE94, you can execute at Sales Order level which will be common between the 3 mats

OR

br, Ajay M

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to SDN...

OR

OR

br, Ajay M

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to SDN...

OR

OR

br, Ajay M

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to SDN...

OR

OR

br, Ajay M

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to SDN...

OR

OR

br, Ajay M

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to SDN...

OR

OR

br, Ajay M

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to SDN...

OR

OR

br, Ajay M

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to SDN...

OR

OR

br, Ajay M

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to SDN...

OR

OR

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay.

Thanks a lot for your answer..s)

About first two variants - i'm not sure. You see, that in one billing document we have approx. 50-150 items. And there are could be some different header materials, that's why probably it's better to have in CO-PA any tool like sd bom.

i'm going to test 3rd variant. But it means to duplicate data (in SD and in CO)?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Not duplication as such... There must be some connecting LInk between A - B& C... So, you can use one of the methods described above

I would prefer method 2, though Line item reporting increases the burden on system

br,Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I'll add, that as i see there is no link necessary between these materials in CO-PA (i don't say about sales BOM).

You see, in one billing document i can sell for example Material A (with materials B and C), also Material A2 (with B2 and C2 as components). Characteristic from customer we don't take, also we can't choose summariation on sd order level..... About materials characteristic, for example Material A and material A2 have the same characteristics, but we need summary at the level of each material A and A2. Also within the same biling document we can sale a component C or B separatly, and it's shouldn't be included in summarization for material A.

But we have a characteristic in each BOM position - item category. For Header the value is ZTAN. For sub-items - ZTNN. For simple sale - TAN.

So the CO-PA positions from billing documents could be:

MaterA ZTAN

MatB ZTNN

MatC ZTNN

MatD TAN

MatA2 ZTAN

MatB2 ZTNN

and so on

We need the sum of values of value field for MatA, MatD, MatA2..

I'm stil not sure that it's possible to get it in line item report.

Thanks in advance

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a WW char in KEa5 and create a Derivation Step Using Table Lookup or "Enhancement" to update your Item category in the WW Char.. If you use Enhancement, then you need to write code in exit COPA0001

Then you can achieve what you want

br, Ajay M