cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO allocation cycle not processing .........very Urgent!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have an issue poping up here can anyone help me out.?

Detailed description of problem: 2SRVCE CO allocation cycle is not

allocating out the Facilities and Mail & Supply allocations that the

service cost centers received in the cycles previous to it. And I know the segments(cycle segments) in the cycle where they gone wrong. but how do I allocate these accounts to service cost centers now. as we already ran the allocations 5 days ago.

Impact of this error/problem: allocations don't tie out - left over

dollars not allocated.

Pls get back to me as soon as possible......its urgent

Looking forward for your responses.....

Regards,

Bob.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaraman & Sridhar,

I have been working on CO module, but my client is not using Internal Orders, Assesment & Distirbution Cycles.

I want to have some knowledge on the same, so as to crack some upcoming interviews.

It will be very kind of you, if you provide me with some practical insights on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have there been postings after you already executed the allocation cycles?

You can reverse the last execution and then re-execute the cycle after making the necessary changes in the Assessment cycles thru configuration, if there are some mistakes in the configuration of the assessment cycles.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaraman,

Thanks for your inputs for this issue I will try this again let me go through those cycles again and check as you said. my problem is not resolved yet but your answer is helpful though.

Regards,

Bob

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will be useful additinally to provide us with the error message from the log.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain more about it please?

How many segements does your cycle have?

Are you referrring to actual cycle?

Is that an assessment cycle?

When was it run successfully last?

What is the tracing factor for the allocation?

Have the receiving cost centers been populated with the tracing factor values?

What is your current period?

For which period are you trying to run the cycle?

What are the open FI and CO periods?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridar,

First of all thanks for your response Actually we run the allocations manually every month and we ran March allocations successfully but April month we tried to run the allocations using job by placing all the cycles at a time and the FI allocations went fine but the problem is with CO cycles we have upto 9 segments in 2SRVCE cycle. we have tracing factors as no scaling reciever rule as Variable portions . We ran actual cycle and we have sender rule as posted amounts. and coming to periods the periods are open from 12 month 2006 to 14 month 2008 and spl period is open from 14 month 2008 to 14 month 2010. I hope you got all the info now if you still need anything let me know...

Regards,

Bob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you executed the cycles manually in March but you scheduled the allocations in a job, it looks like the sequence in which the allocation cycles were scheduled in the job may be creating a problem i.e the cycle executions are not in the correct order.

Just check the order of execution of the cycles in your scheduled job.

Award points if useful.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

We run our allocation jobs using the background job scheduler (SM36). Each cycle is created as a variant and is included as a step in one single job. After analyzing the results, we noticed in of the cycles, that the prior cycle results were not updated as expected.

Cycle 2SRVCE is run after Cycle 2INFRA.

Cost Center X is a receiver in 2INFRA and received some amount of dollars.

Same CC X is a sender in Cycle 2SRVCE. Because 2INFRA was run before 2SRVCE, the allocated amounts must also be taken into account while allocating in 2SRVCE, in addition to the posted amounts.

Only the posted amounts have been allocated in 2SRVCE for CC 2691103. The amounts that it received from the prior cycle (2INFRA) were not taken into account, The same cycles used to run well before when run manually (not using the job scheduler). Does this have something to do with the automatic scheduling of jobs, that the update is not performed before the next cycle is run? Please advise!

Regards,

Bob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We run our allocation jobs using the background job scheduler (SM36). Each cycle is created as a variant and is included as a step in one single job. After analyzing the results, we noticed in of the cycles, that the prior cycle results were not updated as expected.

Cycle 2SRVCE is run after Cycle 2INFRA.

Cost Center X is a receiver in 2INFRA and received some amount of dollars.

Same CC X is a sender in Cycle 2SRVCE. Because 2INFRA was run before 2SRVCE, the allocated amounts must also be taken into account while allocating in 2SRVCE, in addition to the posted amounts.

Only the posted amounts have been allocated in 2SRVCE for CC 2691103. The amounts that it received from the prior cycle (2INFRA) were not taken into account, The same cycles used to run well before when run manually (not using the job scheduler). Does this have something to do with the automatic scheduling of jobs, that the update is not performed before the next cycle is run? Please advise!

Regards,

Bob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you defined any Event-Driver Job Scheduler (preferred), or Time Driver Job Scheduler or Start Conditions for the second CC Assessment?

Cheers.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There functionality does not dependent on online or background processing. Perhaps the second job might have started running while previous is still trying to update the table. You may want to estimate how much time it would take to finish the first one and set the second one to run after giving sufficient time (say 10 to 15 minutes) to schedule the second one.

Other area may be worthwhile to check is the cycle segments with reference to the sending cost elements or structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we defined Event Job Scheduler and we kicked according to that job.