cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client specific picking of material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We created Sales Orders for client AAA for material M 20 and 25 pieces.

With reference to these 2 Sales Orders, we created 2 Production Orders.

We produce 20 pieces and pack them in 4 HU's of 5 each and we produce 25 pieces and pack them in 5 HU's of 5 each.

For these HU's we created and confirmed Transfer Orders into the warehouse over a HU managed Storage Location, giving us 4 and 5 SU numbers. When we create an outbound delivery for the second sales order and consequently the TO system guided, the system picks the oldest material, being 4 HU's from the first Sales Order and 1 HU from the second Sales Order instead of picking the 5 HU's from the second Sales Order. The StTy has no pickstrategy. Can this be done in standard SAP or do we need an user exit for this?

Thanks for your advise.

Regards,

Frank Jonker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per standard SAP when you will create TO against a sales order,system will pick up the HU from the packing data of the delivery document.No additional config is required for the same.

Since picking happens as per the delivery document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for a quick respons. The problem is that when we create the outbound delivery with reference to the Sales Order, we expect that based on this it will pick the HU's that are produced for this Sales Order and not the oldest HU's which it does now.

So some settings are not really correct, just don't know which ones.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I wrote an OSS note on this and the answer from SAP is that this functionality is not available. So we have to use an user exit. Thanks for the efforts taken.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank

Hi

I think the problem is that with or without a picking strategy the system needs something to direct it and if you have nothing or FIFO it will pick the oldest and if they both have the same gr date then it will work alpha numeric through the st tpe and then the bin. I have a similar issue when my movements will depend on the sustomer requirements which change daily and therefore I will have to have something developed. I know it does not answer you issue but it may save you searching for something that I do not think exists.