cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client setup - SQL server selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working with my first B1 client that is using SQL 2005.

In the B1 client on the choose company window there is a choice for Current Server.

On the client that is installed on the server I have a choice for MSSQL and MSSQL_2005. On all the client installs I only have the first choice. Should it not give me the option for both? How do I get both options to show?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an FYI, at the client workstation, leave the server as MSSQL, change the server you are connecting to from (local) to the server where SQL 2005 is installed. Once you enter the sa username and password, you will then have the option to choose MSSQL_2005.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike

I did the suggestion of chaging to SQL server name and putting in SA password and still not getting that as a choice.

Message was edited by:

Jared Hageman

Message was edited by:

Jared Hageman

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are XP machines so I would expect MSSQL_2005 to be a choice after I put in the correct server info but that is not the case.

I shouldn't have to install the native SQL client should I?

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jared,

I also experience the same problem with you. Anyway, what is your connection type ? workgroup or join domain ?Actually you must install SQL 2005 native client in all users workstations that want to install SBO client application. In the pdf file that is available in the folder documentation of product CD, you could check it in the installation SQL guide.

Rgds,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jared,

If you are using SQL 2005 you will need to install the Native Client on the Client PC before installing the SBO client.

You can find the Native Client on the SQL 2005 CD or check on this page

<a href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=50b97994-8453-4998-8226-fa42ec403d17&DisplayLang=en">http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=50b97994-8453-4998-8226-fa42ec403d17&DisplayLang=en</a>

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

On XP machines I haven't needed to install the native client, just needed to connect to the SQL server. However that hasn't worked on some Windows 2000 pro machines and i have needed to install the native client.

Regards,

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jared,

If you install the SQL 2005 native client on the other PC's then you will get the option for MSSQL_2005.

Regards,

Adrian