cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client based settings and non-client based settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I knwo what is the client based settings and what are the non-client based settings.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Slight error in you question:

There are 2 settings:

1. Client specific: These are customising settings which impact only in the client you are making the changes in. Let us say that in an instance you have 2 clients, 800 and 900. When you change a client specific setting in 900, it is not reflected in client 800. This is beacuse the table where this setting is stored contains the client as one of the fields.

2. Cross Client settings: Here, a change in one client is also replected in all the clients in that installation. Needless to say, the tables for these settings will not have client as one of the fields.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neeraj Thank you.

Can u pl specify the client base settings, which will apllicable for all the controlling area and company codes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure why you need this information. The system will prompt you when you carry out a customisation which is cross client in nature before you do the change.

Whether it is a cross client setting or otherwise, it has not impact when you configure your processes. We rarely spend time on whether it is a cross client setting or not during implementations.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neeraj,

Why i am asking is i have a development client. In the same client I want to golive(on testing basis) for one client. whether all the requirements are coming exactly as per client. I don't want to waste the prodn. client.

Because of that reason I want to know. In the same dev client, if a create new org. structure like controlling area, com. codes etc. and configuration which will route from golden client, is it correct.

Can we proceed