cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing documents creates line items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FI guys,

When I am clearing Vendor line items using F-44, a clearing document is getting genearted. Usually, such a document should not have any line items. But the system is posting a document WITH line items:

Vendor A/C Dr

Vendor A/C Cr

Can anyone please tell me why this happens and how I can stop these line items from getting generated?

Thanks for your efforts.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii G K

While doing f- 44 , there is a chance to generate line items for the clearing document...without effecting the vendor balances

In that situation dont go to Document - Simulate , select ur open item and payment item select OVERVIEW button and save the document , doing so no line items will be generated and clearing doc will b created , and the open item also will be converted as cleared item

I have tried this it is working

try this if it is useful give me reply

regards

ramki

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using business areas and you are clearing two items with the same amount in credit and debit, if one item has a business area and the other one has no business area, the clearing document will also contains two items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you have activated new general ledger (splitting document), please take a look on the note 950773. The rule of clearing is explaning in the 69767.

Best regards,

Ionel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry , but we are not using New GL. Also, there are no Down payment requests involved, plain invoices and recipts / payments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GK,

Suppose if you have open invoice,

if youmake the payment with refernce to the open invoice ,

sytem will create the payment document & that payment document itself act as a cleard document.

if you have invoice & payment document are posted & both are open ,

if you want to clear system will assign one clearing document number.thjat clearing document will clear the two line items by

debit-credit

credit-debit

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, thats true. But usually when a clearing is done through F-44, the clearing document does not contain any line items. My question is in which circumstances does such a clearing document contain line items:

Vendor A/C Dr

Vendor A/C Cr

durgasankar_innamuri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u do any transfer posting through F-51 or F-48 then this entry will come into picture.

Example 1: Through FBCJ i post advance rent transaction to one vendor. when i posted it through FBCJ the system will not assign special gl indicator. then i will go to F-51 and specify vendor A/C and go for document number and post. In the vendor balances display the system generate a new posting with same amounts with special gl indicator (advance rent). it is stands as an open item. Where as i booked through FBCJ is there in cleared items.

Example 2: when i make transfer postings through F-48 then the system will do the Dr to vendor and Cr to vendor.It means converting from special gl to general transaction. See the document type for which vendor dr,cr. you will come to know what kind of transaction

According my knowledge and what we implemented in our org i said, if it is helpful assign points.

Regards,

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are clearing the vendor for spl gl trans like down payment then it may come

Downpayment request:

Vendor a/c dr.

To vendor a/c (A)

Downpayment :

Vendor a/c dr (A)

To Bank a/c

Check with the above case...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello boss,

u only saying that that is the vendor a/c clearing F-44 . so it shows like that only because of we clearing the vendor balances so the same a/c Dr and Cr then only it will clear.

Subbu

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

looks like there is a difference between the cleared items, and that is reposted by the system (i. e. you get a new open item, which should have the amount, which is the difference between the cleared items)

hope this helps

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Eric,

But thats not the case. The Total of Debits and Credits is exactly equal, and there is no balance in the Vendor account when I start F-44.

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, are you sure there is no balance in any currency? I. e. there could be company code currency, while the entries are posted in another currency. In which currency do you do the clearing?

I also though of exchange rate differencies, but those should be posted to G/L accounts direclty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the line items are in the same currency. So thats not the reason.

As you rightly say, if there was a difference in a Foreign currency, it would have been posted to a separate GL account.