Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK11N- Exch.Rate Type not picked up correctly

Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have issues regarding exch.rate type during std. cost estimate for 2012. In OKEQN, we have maintained in Exch.rate type u201CPu201D with value date 01/01/2012 for FY2012 version u201C0u201D.

Now, when we try to do CK11N for material X, it converts the amount correctly in local currency using exchange rate type u201CPu201D, which is fine. But, surprisingly for material Y, it converts the amount in LC using exch.rate type u201CMu201D, which is NOT defined for FY2012 version u201C0u201D.

We are on the verge of 2012 Std.cost estimate, & puzzled now, with few materials being costed as per exch.rate type u201CMu201D and few as per exch.rate type u201CPu201D.

I believe that u201CVersionu201D in OKEQN, and u201CCosting versionu201D in CK11N are not related, because we are using costing version u201C1u201D in CK11N. And, there is no exch.rate type defined in material master,right?

I will appreciate if someone can throw light on the solution. Itu2019s urgent!

Thanks,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Whats your Valuation date in Ck11N/Ck40N...

That should also be 01.01.2012 or later so that OKEQ settings for V0 for 2012 can take effct

br, Ajay M

Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ajay,

Our valuation date in CK11N/CK40N is the same as version V0. i.e. 01/01/2012.

But, still it's refering to M instead of P.

Thanks,

Nirav

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In costing, the exchange rates are converted according to the exchange rate type that has been defined in the Customizing of the costing version (txn OKYD).

If no exchange rate type has been defined there, the system will take the exchange rate type that has been determined for the CO version of the fiscal year (txn OKEQN).

If no exchange rate type has been defined there as well, the system will take exchange rate type 'M'.

With the help of this exchange rate type, all costing items, that still do not have prices in both currencies, will be converted.

However, there is one exception: internal activities have already got prices in both currencies. The currency conversion always takes place at the date of activity type planning (with the exchange rate type of the CO version of the fiscal year).

For more infomation, please review the note 211083.

regards

Waman

Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Waman,

Thanks for your reply.

In OKEQN- Exch.rate type "P" is maintained for version "0", & "Blank" for version "1" to "10".

I believe that CO always uses version "0" for both plan & Actuals, whereas version 1 to 10 are just for Plan. Do I still need to maintain "P" for all Plan version?

Is the concept of "Version" of OKEQN & "Costing Version" of CK11N same?

Please note that list of defined "Version" in OKEQN is different than "Costing version" of CK11N which has standard 01-99.

Thanks,

Nirav

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You specify the version in Valuation Variant.... By default it is V0...

Unless you use V1 to 10 in Val variant, it wont impact costing

br, Ajay M

Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Valuation variant has version "0". Exch.rate type "P" is defined with valuation date 01/01/2012. So, I don't see any disrepancy in configuration.

I'm surprised why during std. cost estimate run, material cost is converted with rate defined in exch.rate type M?

Can you please shed some light?

Thanks,

Nirav

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As there is no exchange rate maintained in transaction OKYD for the costing version, the exchange rate is converted according to the exchange rate type that is determined for the CO version of the fiscal year in transaction (txn OKEQN).

For version 0 it is maintained ?

Exchange rate type P Standard translation for cost pla

Value date ??

Is this valid on the date you are running CK11N ?

If so please check the exchange rate valid for this date in transaction OB08

regards

Waman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might find this link useful.

Best,

Aneesh Raghavan

former_member588855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the setting for version 1. When you are doing costing run with version 1 it is dependent on that particular setting.