cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose from list in Matrix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

Has anyone been able to get the choose from list in a matrix text field working in SBO 2005 patch level 6? We have tried the tech demo and it works for new rows but not for existing rows. Also we have written our own code to set the matrix text box on the choose from list event and we get a general failure exception even though the value still gets set properly.

If anyone has this working please post so we can all know how to do this properly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Curtis,

I also got the general failure error whenever I write directly to the edit box or cell. I you write to the datasource it does not give the general failure.

Hope it helps,

Adele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Adele,

Thanks for the posting. Do you have some sample code you can share with us for how to do this in the matrix cell? I have tried a bunch of different ways and cannot get it to work. It works for new rows but not for updating existing cells.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Curtis,

I got the general failure on a normal edit text and not in a matrix. I will play with it in a matrix and let you know if I find a solution.

Hope it helps,

Adele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

This "Choose from list" thing is new for me, there's a Choose from List example in the new techDemo but i don't understand the code.. too complicated for me.. Is there any simple code/sample for this?

Well i manage to trigger the choose from list .. but don't know how to put the selected value to the cell..

Bruce..