cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheque for payment- Amount in words

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Customer is using 2007A PL47(Australia/New Zealand localization). Customer wants the amount in word in Cheque for payment to appear as purely description not mixture of description and numeric as this is not accepted by local bank when printing on cheque.

Eg. Cheque figure is RM1000.30

Expected result: One Thousand and Thirty cents only

System result: One Thousand and 30 cents only(This is not accepted by local bank)

I try to convert the cheque amount(variable into sum in words in PLD)but during cheque for payment document printing, it only shows 'Only' instead of 'One Thousand and Thirty cents Only'

May I know how to resolve?

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sir

Please note down

Please make an additional System Variable field adjoining u2018only u2018 and choice in properties of that field and go to tab format there check the check box naming sum in word .

In the system variable field please copy the same variable that for which you want the amount in word .

Please use this solution and reply as soon as possible if it does not work

I will help you

Thank you,

Avtar sing Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try this before. FYI, I am running on 2007A PL47(Australia and New Zealand localization). I am using payment wizard to generate cheque printing because customer needs to generate cheques about >100pcs per payment run.

The steps are as follow:

1. We had design a new cheque printing format in PLD under cheque for payment function and set as default. We had made used of check amount as variable and use concatenate function to combine * Only* for sum in word

2.Run Payment wizard

3.Document printing for "Check for payment" for print checks status as "To be printed"

4.System display amount in word as 'Only

5.Confirmed cheque using "Check Number Confirmation"

6.Print preview in "Check for payment" function using same PLD layout, the amount in word(using system variable) display nicely with full description "Three Thousand One Hundred and Sixty Cents Only" but if we are pulling the Amount in Word in check for payment, it displays as "Three Thousand One Hundred and 60 cents Only"

I wonder under why same PLD layout gives 2 different results:

1)Only (from system variable)

2) Three Thousand One Hundred and Sixty Cents Only(from system variable)

3) Three Thousand One Hundred and 60 Cents Only(from standard field amount in word in checks for payment)

Our local bank only accept (2)

Please advice.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thomas

Please try to do one thing

Please design a new PLD and try I may work it ones work for my one of friend

Meanwhile I will try it on my system

Thanks

AVTAR SINGH SAINI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avtar,

It is working now. If we used system variable 60 instead of 82.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Good I want say one more thing it may differ from location to location

As you were using SV 82 (amount due )

Now you are using SV 60 (TOTAL )

Have you tried SV 86 (Amount in Words ) it is there I donu2019t try it and did not tell u earlier because it may be not in your location SAP .

Ok You get solution

Good

Avtar Singh Saini

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link

Jeyakanthan