cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking PR Qty with PO Qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When i release PO with reference to PR, system allows me to change qty in PO, how can i make it an error or warning message if PO Qty exceeds PR qty when i am doing PO with reference to PR.

Regards

Rang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one idea, create a new document type..for which PR field is mandatory, so that PO can be made with reference to PR only and make the quantity field "Grey" for such orders.

Why i am saying to create new doc type, so that other po (..i.e without PR) should not get affected.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

But here i enter different delivery schedule qty in schedule lines with different delivery dates, hence i can't do that.

Regards

Rang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranganath

Please go to

IMG>>MM>>Purchasing>>Environment>>Define Attributes of System Messages .

and check for message no. 67 and make E there .

regrds

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey got it just change message to E for message no. 250

it will do..

regrds

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for that 250 is for smaller qty check, 254 is for larger qty.

regrds

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

1) there is no msg number 250 & 254 in the given path IMG->MM->PURCHASING->ENVIRONMENT DATE->DEFINE ATTRIBUTES OF SYSTEM MESSAGES.

2) I changed for msg number 67 from W to E still it is not working.

Let me know if any other way.

Regards

Rang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There should be a warning...while you are changing value more than PR during creation of PO, what is that msg number?

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check it properly it should be there as showing in IDES client

regrds

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yogesh is right it is message 254 that you need to set to an error

(version 00 message type 06 message 254)

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh / Steve,

I maintained message 254 u r right it is for PO qty & PR qty, but even after that i can change po qty system is not stopping me.

Regards

Rang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

but how can you save the PO when this message is an error?

have you tried saving it, I doubt that it will let you.

It just LOOKS like you can change the qty, you can't actually save it if the message is an error.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

Yes i changed qty & saved the purcahse order, i don't know why system is allowing to do this.

Regards

Rang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve

Is there any other setting need to be done to make this message activate.

Regards

Rang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you get the message is the icon red or amber?

If it is red then it is set correctly, if it is amber then it is set to a warning.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

R u refering at po level if yes, after changing po qty once i click on check icon system gives "No messages during check" & if i save po gets saved.

I think we need to link this message to user under maintain user tab.

Regards

Rang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, if you have maintained the message as an error for version 00 then all users get this version as standard. So there is no need to link it to the user.

this does indicate that the error message has not be set up correctly, are you sure that you can see the 00 06 254 message in the config and it is definitely set to E?

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could it be a problem of the used SAP release (i.e. it's working under ERP2005 but not under 4.6C)???

Best regards

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, steve i have setup correctly with 00 06 254 to E & saved the setting but still at transaction level it is not picking up.

we are using 4.7

Regards

Rang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean when you say "at transactional level" do you mean within ME21n?

Are you SURE that you came out of ME21n COMPLETELY and then went into the transaction again? You didn't just click on the "new PO" icon did you, this does not refresh the table settings.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i mean ME21N i came out completely & went again.

Regards

Rang