cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart of accounts out of order

Former Member
0 Kudos

From time to time, the chart of accounts changes is order and must be done order manually. I have nor found why. I only that the it displays all title accounts first and the details account later. Have not found a SBO note. Any help to resolve these issue besides ordering it againg manually ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of changes have you got? Why do you need to display title account first?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, i meant out of order. In Financials> Chart of Accounts, all title accounts are first and later, after all the title accounts, the details (level 5) accounts are last. what i mean is that all accounts level 1,2,3,4 are shown first and at the end of tte Chart accounts, are the details account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Chart of Accounts window, SAP Business One asks you to characterize every G/L account as either a title account or an active account and identify its level. Because only active accounts can be posted to in SAP Business One, it is a good practice to have all your accounts at the same level. In reports, a title account summarizes all the balances of each active account below it. In Account segmentation level 4 is the lowest level that contains postings of transactions.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, normally Financials > chart of accounts looks like these :

1 Assets

11 Title Account AA (level 2)

111Title Account AAA (level 3)

1111 Title Acoun AAAA (level 4)

11111 Detail Account AAAAA (level 5)

12 Account Title AB (level 2)

121 Account Tible ABB (level 3)

1211 Account Tible ABBB (level 4)

12111 Detail Account ABBBB (level 5)

With the error, Chart of Accounts looks like these

1 Assets

11 Title Account AA (level 2)

12 Account Title AB (level 2)

111Title Account AAA (level 3)

121 Account Tible ABB (level 3)

1111 Title Acoun AAAA (level 4)

1211 Account Tible ABBB (level 4)

11111 Detail Account AAAAA (level 5)

12111 Detail Account ABBBB (level 5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have selected Segmented Chart of Accounts. Its not looking wrong it your selection.

Administration --> System Initialisation --> Company details --> Basic initialisation

Check if use segmentation account is flagged

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, always have. But Chart of accounts looked before correctly, know it is all out of order.

JesperB1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hector,

Please log a message with SAP.

Please prepare a backup of the current db, where the CoA is out of order and the latest backup that you have available before the issue appeared.

It would also be helpful if you let support know what was done before this issue appeared, as in:

- Upgrade?

- Addition of accounts?

- Installation of addons?

- Use of Copy Express?

- Any other change that might have affected this.

Basically, this is an issue that should be resolved by support, but we would appreciate any information that you have that might help us reproduce this.

Important! Please also inform is any account have been added after the issue appeared.

Waiting for your message.

Jesper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jesper:

One of our customers have the same issue, is the first time but all the accounts with nivel 5 change to nivel 2, the version is SBO2007 A PS01 PL07.

Do you suggest to post a message to SAP too? and with the same information you say.

Thx and Regards,

JesperB1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Yes, please log a message and prepare the 2 backups. Also avoid to create any new accounts until the correction has been made.

Regards,

Jesper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jesper,

I've faced with this problem twice after upgrading my system from 8.81 PL07 to 8.81 PL08.

I coud not wait for correction action and edit all 1200 rows manually.

But I don't know what i do if another time it's happened.

It's so strange.

I think, SAP must issue correction action on RSP.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I now have the same issue.

What is the fix?

Best regards,

John