cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chargeable Components and Non-Chargeable Components in Routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I am investigating about relationship of Routing and Chargeable Components, Non-Chargeable Components.

Is it possible that one routing has Chargeable Components and Non-Chargeable Components in its task?

Below is instance.

This routing is to manufacture laptop.

10: assemble1 Chargeable Components

20: assemble2 self-manufacture

30: quiality check self-manufacture

40: coating Non-Chargeable Components

50: packaging self-manufacture

If this is possible, please give the information about config and master setting.

Or should I divide the task like below?

To make halfway laptop

To make laptop without packaging

10: assemble2 self-manufacture

20: quiality check self-manufacture

To make laptop with coating

10: coating Non-Chargeable Components

To make completely laptop

10: packaging self-manufacture

Kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use this Routing

Below is instance.
This routing is to manufacture laptop.
20: assemble2 self-manufacture
30: quiality check self-manufacture 
40: coating Non-Chargeable Components
50: packaging self-manufacture

But in THIS Routing , if you check you have the Assembly indicator tick against the operation 10 and 20

If you click over there ,it will go the the assembly Routing for this 10 and 20 operation, since you mentioned as assembly. so the component that you assigned for this operaions are assembly components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Routing only refers what activities to be carried out and what is the cost for that, whether it's chargeable or non-chargeable components. As per my observation, you can use routing of first case which you have shown.

If you don't want to capture the cost of the operation for eg. coating of non-chargeable compts. you can try by using suboperation concept.

Madhava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Few Points as per my perception

1) Chargeable Components - I understand as Components relevant for Costing

2) Components assignment in Routing operation only helps in Scheduling for determining available dates and we can not control whether Chargeable or not in Routing. Cost control for a component is in BOM

3) The Purpose of Splitting Task list to several may not be Helpful because of above reason

4) U can control whether a operation is costing relevant or not using a control key

5) I am unable to understand the req to charge the Comp in Routing as the cost of material will be calculated from BOM. If at all u want to add any transportation charges of material it will be better to use Activity type as over head.

Regards

Brahmaji