Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the country code in proudctive company code

durgasankar_innamuri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

My client requirement is changing the country code for one of the productive company code.

The requirement is like for xxxx company code, change Country code from IT to NL (Netherlands). Please note that already transaction data exists in the production system for this company code.

I just wanted to understand the various implications if we change the country code for a productive company code.

Your responses are highly appreciated and rewarded. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one thing is that the tax calculation procedure is assigned to a country.

So if the country is changed, the tax calc. procedure changes also if the 2 countries don't use the same tax. calc. procedure, which I doubt thats the case (SAP Standard: NL uses TAXNL, IT uses TAXIT).

If your comp. code changes the country assignment the country of origin and therefore the tax determination is changed.

I am sure there other implications...

Best regards, Christian

durgasankar_innamuri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Withholding tax codes are created at country level and another as you suggested tax procedure.

Is there any other implications?

Regards,

Sankar

RahulGoyal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

Check on the fixed assets side also. Both IT and NL has country specific settings as far as LVA is concerned. You might need to re-visit low value assets with the change in country. Also if there is any legal country specific depreciation area?

Thanks.

Rahul

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is also another minor thing like addresses: Countries have different definitions, whether the address should contain Zip code, etc. So, when changing the country this may effect your master data management (vendors, functional locations, etc.).

Regards,

Eli