cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing profit center from 1111 to 1234 is not permitted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

While changing profit center from 1111 to 1234, I am getting an error like change is not permitted.Can anyone make me umderstand what can be the possible reason for the same. I do not want to go for the option to convert error message into the warning message.

Waiting for the help!!!

Bhargav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are not giving a lot of information on what exactly you trying to do in what transaction, but:

you are probably posting to a cost center or similar object that has a profit center in it's master data. In this case, system does not allow you to manually change the profit center as it would be regarded as an inconsistency.

Regards

Nikolas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If my understand goes correct, i think you will not be allowed to chnage the profit center if some posting is alreday done

on that project.

We had several requirements where there was a change of profit centers for certain business.

What we used to do is ...we create a new project with new PC, we confirm all the commitments (either close or invoice) from the previous project, then transfer all the remaining budget from old to new.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sandeep