cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing payment date on a cash flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to change the payment flow on a cash flow which has not been posted?

For example, we have a interest condition where the interest is payable monthly. But due to various reason, the banks pay the interest a day earlier or later. In such cases can we change the 'payment date' on the flow before running TBB1?

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Due to the non-uniqueness of the frequency on payment date for the flow, the possible way forward is to update the Posting Date as per your requirement while executing TBB1. There you can mention the posting date required to be filled for Accounting documents while posting. With this method, the posting date for the interest flow will be as per your input and flow date at Treasury will be with actual cash flow date (standard).

Other than this, under cash flow area doesnt see any provision to meet the reqmt.

Regards

Prasad AV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasad. That is a useful suggestion.

But as you know in real time situations, the TBB1 is run in the background periodically. So I do not think that will work for my client.

So you are saying that there is no way we can make changes to the payment date?

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we generate a flow based on a user exit (something similar to Derived flows)?

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure you can even achieve the reqmt by exit modification, still try with below BAPi which is for Product Cat- 510.

BAPI_FTR_FTD_CHANGE

BAPI_FTR_MAINFLOW_CHANGE

Another option can be to generate cash flow for each frequency with independent condition master, where you can set any particular due date for each cash flow. It will be a logical solution without changing any standard settings and with a proper tracking of each cash flow at condition level. You can write a BDC for creating multiple conditions automatically so that manual updation/errors can be ommitted. Using this you can change each due date as per your reqmt.

Regards

Prasad AV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think as Prasad suggested, the best option would be to create a separate condition every time the due date changes. You can maintain a constant calculation date, if that is not going to change or change the calculation date also if the amount is going to change.

The update rule for the interest condition you can maintain as regular with variable dates so that you can maintain the difference in days for every condition. But always this has to be maintained manually.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (0)