cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing field display, but not value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everone,

I'm trying to use the my UDO Lines Matrix columns for Price Field with a change from what they really need to be saved on the DBDataSource.

In the "Price" Column i want to display the price including the currency, but i need them to be saved in serperated fields (just like in the Sales Documents). I think that in the Sales Documents there is a use in a neutral UserDataSource for these columns. Is that the solution? if yes, is there any way to connect them automaticly to a DBDataSource field, or do i need to do that manually?

Thanks & Regards

Mosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help Vitor.

My problem now is that i work with Matrix and with UserDataSource which is bound to the specific column.

I faced the same problem as in this thread:

[|]

Isn't there a way to work with a matrix column which is not bound to DBDataSource?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can bind it to a DataTable.

I think there is a SDK sample that shows how to do it.

Best Regards,

Vítor Vieira

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi moshababo,

B1 stores the values in different fields, the amount and currency, and the form as a UserDataSource that display the value as "Amount Currency".

You can use the validate event to emulate the same behavior. Just create a alphanumeric userdatasource and bind and edit text to it. Use the validate event to check the value the user input on the edit text, format it to be displayed as a an amount and add the currency string. (e.g. the user inputs 1200 and you change it to 1.200,00 EUR). At the same time you put the value in the correct DBDataSource Fields.

Regards,

Vítor Vieira