cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing business area in KO03-urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

In KO03, display internal order master data, in 'assignment tab there are business area field. In my case busiess area 0001 is set as a default (grey area). How to change the business area field to option 'blank' in customizing?Could we change this field then?

Please advice.Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Putri,

you can't. I guess business area balance sheet is turned on in your system, that means the business area field is controlled by the system internally. Once you created an internal order in a business area, it will remain there. If it is created in the wrong business area, you have to lock and create a new one.

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the answer.My question is : how could I know that business area balance sheet is on? And what the relationship between balance sheet and internal order then?

If I lock the wrong business are (its means lock also the order number) then crate new order number with using reference of the old one; how about the 'history' of the order then?

Please advice since I'm new in Controlling area.

Thanks before for your kind assistance.

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can check if business area is turned on in transaction OB65 (for each company code). If that is turned on, each CO object has to belong to a specific business area (you can read more about this in SAPHelp)

if you copy from one internal order to other, only the master data is copied, these will be two different internal orders, so the history is not copied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eric,

I have checked in OB65 but the business area is not turned on (field blank, not thick marking). So in which tcode I can change the business area?(to default blank)?

Thank you

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try KO02...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can not change since that field is grey area.

Please advice

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

may be the field status is changed through user exits, check if enhacements COOPA_01 and COOPA002 are activated. (you can check in tcode SMOD, to see if the FMs behind have any coding)

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One more thing: You cannot change the business area anymore, when postings were cretaed on the order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eric,

I have checked in SMOD and the functions module are activated (for COPAA_01 and COPAA02..., so what is the relationship between fucntion modul and business area field?

Thanks.

Answers (0)