cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in the production order - log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody:

I need to know who changes components in a production order, or their quantity and also de batch of the components or the batch of the product that the order is producing, and also who changes dates in an order.

I dont know where is the configuration point, I don´t need the change status log.

Can anybody please help me?.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Maria Paula

On the standard system, there is no change log for a production order, therefore, it is not possible to track who, when or how these quantities were changed.

However, if you want to start tracking the changes for an order, I would like to suggest you to read carefully the following note:

390635 - Change documents for production and process order

This note describes how the SAP enhancement PPCO0007 can be used to write change documents for the order. There is an example of code that can be used to track the following changes:

- The priority in the order header changes

- The planned quantity of the components changes

- The planned batch of the components changes

- New components are added

- A component is deleted

You can also enhance the example provided to track the changes of other fields.

BR

Caetano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paula

However , Caetano is the authority of this module so I am sure what he is saying is only the solution.

But I remember that I have read there is a facility to display action log. While reading some help document I copied the content of the document which says as under:

Use

You use the Action log function if you want to obtain an overview of all the changes that were made to fields during the processing of an order.

Prerequisites

In the Customizing for Maintenance Orders, you must activate the creation of status change documents and field change documents under Functions and Settings for Order Types ® Define Change Docs

Features

The action log shows you:

• When changes were made (date and time)
  • Who made the changes
  • The sub-object to which changes were made
  • Which fields were changed
  • Which data the fields contained before the change
  • Which data the fields contain after the change

Activities

1. You call up theAction logfunction in the order by choosingExtras ® Documents for order ® Action log.

Now I don't remember exactly whether this was for maintenance orders only or for production/process orders also. However I believe must be available for prod/process orders also. You please check and let me know if it works.

Your findings will help me also.

Regards

Rajneesh Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajneesh:

Thank you, I found  that in OPL8 - Order Type-Dependent Parameter / Implementation / Status change documents, the option to activate the changes in status and in that way the order records all the changes status, but it doesn´t help me at all, I´m going to analyse the note, that Caetano mentioned.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Maria Paula

This customizing is only valid to track the changes related to the order status.

If you want to to track the changes at component or operation level, the already suggested provides the solution.

BR

Caetano

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Caetano

Under features following points are mentioned so I thought that it may work.

• Which fields were changed
  • Which data the fields contained before the change
  • Which data the fields contain after the change

How ever I already wrote that only you are the authority to make authentic comment on it.

Now, may I request you to clarify the doubt what above points mean exactly?

Sorry Former Member I am intrrupting the discussion. But I hope it will benefit all of us.

Regards

Rajneesh Saxena