Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change MD04 Exception for incomplete Variant Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP Gurus.

I have a problem!

This is my scenario: when I create a sales order with a configurable material with a incomplete configuration I need, if possible, to block the generation of the requirement list in MD04. If possible, can I change, with a user exit or BadI or... the Exception Code in MD04?

Thanks

Manuel Chiarelli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

My company recently upgraded to ECC60 SP 13 and planned orders are no longer generated if the configuratoin is inconsistent.

Since we just upgraded on 5/18/2008, I have not found out if there was a setting for this?

Before the upgraded system planned orders would be created even though they were inconsistent causing many problems.

This issue was resolved for us with the upgrade.

Ed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manuel,

Use schedule line item category to configure the process. By default you can set it, not relevant to MRP.

Only when the configuration is complete, make it relevant to MRP. Talk to you SD consultant he should be able to default the schedule line relvancy for MRP depening on the Order type and Itemcategory

Regards

Samson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samson.

Thanks for the answer but now I have a new problem: if I change the item category in the SD document, when I launch the MRP for the creation of the requirement, the system cannot schedule the components. The customer that have this problem, need the creation of the requirement of this component...

Thanks

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please elaborate little bit more.

Reg

Samson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm sorry...

The scenario is:

I've a Sales document with a configurable material. Thi material have some configurable components with different production time.

If I change the schedule type and I don't set the "MRP relevant", when I launch the MRP on this material, the system doesn't explode the requirement for the components.

I need, if possible, to force the exception when I execute the planning so I can produce the components.

Can I do this?

Thanks

Manuel