cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change masthead text away from welcome - homepage framework not working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've trawled through countless threads without getting a clear understanding on this...

I'd like to change the masthead text from Welcome <username> to Hello <username>

I thought I could do this by changing the text for the Header in the homepage framework (SAPDEFAULT) but someone in a another thread mentioned that this change doesn't work on later versions - not sure if they mean't portal of backend (we're using NW7 and ERP6.0).

Can anyone advise what's the reccomended method for doing this?... or should the homepage framework change work?

Regards

Phil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

masthead par amended

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In IMG, go to define headers, there is an option to define your own class which can be used to change display of the employee name in the portal. the class name is CL_HREIC_XSSONBEHALF_HEADER.

I am sure you can do this by making a Z class and configure the class name against header.

let me know if it works for you.

Cheers

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Thanks for this. I've followed your steps through and the Z copy of the class returns the expected result in debug. I've assigned the class to the SAPDEFAULT header but the old text 'welcome' still shows in ESS.

Can you advise?

Also, can you clarify if/why/when the "text" field in the homepage framework header is redundant for ESS changes? The help text isn't helpful in this respect!

Thanks

Phil