cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change language in purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there any way to change the language in a purchase order (created with ME21N).

This field under communication is only displayable.

Is the a way to make this field changeable. I have searched in SPRO and SAP OSS but cannot find any way.

Thanks.

Regards, Dieter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2052687 - Purchase order language field cannot be changed in ME22N

MN05 cannot be used to change the language, see OSS note Note 89899 - Output into docmt language

Since this is a discussion from 2011 which got resurrected with incorrect information today  I add the notes and locked the discussion.

Message was edited by: Jürgen L

former_member590644
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

I think that will be driven by the language you've set in the vendor master data only.

Regards...

Paulo S

former_member131774
Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean "Language" Field in Communication Tab?

You could configured in the below IMG path:

Materials Management->Purchasing->Purchase Order->Define Screen Layout at Document Level

Choose "ME21N" and click "Details" button, then choose "Administrative data, header" and change "Language" field to "Opt Entry"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

thanks for your answer.

This is allready be set, but the field is still not changeable.

Regards, Dieter

former_member131774
Contributor
0 Kudos

Then it could be the reason this field is showed as displayed only in specified order type.

Which order type do you choose in ME21N, if you use "NB" then you could choose "NBF" and repeat the above steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From OSS note 300284:

Call Transaction OMF4 and select the line which contains value AKTV in the column for the field selection key.

Then, press pushbutton Details or choose suboption Details in menu Goto.

In the displayed list, position the cursor in the line Administrative data, header and choose suboption Choosein menu Edit.

Now, set the field Language to Opt. entry.

Then, press Back twice and save your entries.

It seems you're in the right path, you just need to change it following AKTV instead of ME21N.

Let us know how it goes. Regards....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

thanks. i have tried but the field is still not changeable.

Regards, Dieter

former_member329706
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in MN05 against your ouput condition type and try to change there.it will default in PO.