cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change GL account for valuation classes

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is vasanth . my client has different 5 plants . he wants to change gl account for valuation class.because the reason is (rawmaterial of steel&cement is being stored in spares and stores). The g/l account is 23010001 . This gl account has been assingned 13 valuation class . the valuation classes for steels&cement r 3040.3080 and 3090.

but the valuation area is defined at plant .there r 5 valuation areas . valuation class for all areas r 3040,3080 and 3090.

g/l account is also same.

is it advisable to change the g/l account.

give me solutions for this problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the first instance it is always advisable to have 1:1 relation to valuation class and GL Account irrespective of any number of Valuation Areas.

Changing of GL will not affect the Inventory Valuation, as it is always done at plant level. The change in GL 23010001 will have impact only in the Balance Sheet , as it will show your total inventory value (ie Cement+Steel) under one GL account.You can always have different GL's as per valuation class.

Regards,

RAJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u raj,

as per u 1:1 relation of valuation class and g/l account 203010001 ok. but gl account 203010001 has beeen assigned to 13 valuation class .13 valuation class has more than 500 material masters. but that valuation class 3040,3070,3080 r relates to the steels as well as cement. present my client using the 20301001g/l account for all spares aswell as stells and cement. i am sending my client require ment.

We need to change the accounting at the time of procurement and steel & cement.

At the time of GR

Stores & Spares Indigenous Dr.

GR/IR Stores & Spares Ind.

At the time of issue to vendor location

Project Stock Dr. (with WBS element)

Stores & Spares Indigenous

Actual Consumption

CWIP A/C Dr. (With WBS element)

Change Required

At the time of GR

Project Stock Dr. (without any WBS element) instead of Stores & Spares Indigenous

GR/IR Project Stock.

At the time of issue to vendor location

Project Stock (without any WBS element)

Actual Consumption- The existing entry pattern will be followed.

Please advice how to map the above and for clarification revert back.

Thanks&regards,

vasanth