cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from single to multi-level Requisition Release Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company has been using a single level release strategy where the Release Group = Approver's name, all are Strategy L1, Classes are Approval Range, Plant and Cost Center. (1 Release Group may be assigned 30 cost centers if they release the same $ range)

Some approvers have multiple release groups since they approve different amounts for different cost centers.

Some cost centers have only 2 approvers, others have 3, 4, or 5. We have about 200 Cost centers each with it's own approver matrix.

With new executives on board, they want me to change this to a multi-level strategy where it goes to the lowest level approver first, then the next level until it reaches the approver for the requisition total value.

I have added more Release groups so each approver has a group for each range and each level (AA - AZ, BA-BZ, etc.); however I cannot figure out how to link the dependencies since we have different strategies for the different cost centers, and in some cases there are only 2 levels...

I am using CL24N to define the ranges and cost centers (and Plants, although we always assign all plants to all approvers).

We are not using HR Org Mgmt so the routing is based on the user ID of the approver and their email address in PA20.

Can I make this work? How do I link the dependencies? (L2 for Cost Center 12345 is dependent on L1 for Cost Center 12345, but L2 and L1 are different Release Group #'s.). It appears I can only say Group AA L2 is dependent on Group AA L1, I need to say Group AA L2 is dependent on Group BF L1).

Thanks in Advance!

Wendy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally figured this out.  Each Release Group = a Cost Center.  Each Cost Center has as many strategies as release levels (some have 2, 3 or 4).  I only assign the total value range for each release level, so release level 1 is 0-$4999.99, level 2 is $5K-9999.99, level 3 is 10K-99999.99 and level 4 is $100K - $2M (for example).  I assign the actual user ID's to the release codes.

Now on to figuring out how to improve the notifications! Unfortunately our configuration partner did not configure extended notifications, and I know I want to use this but am wary of trying to set this up myself! 

Marking question as Answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so I figured out I need to redesign our workflow release strategy to make the multi-level approval work.  Now I've created a release group for each cost center (under 200 cost centers), and put a different USERID at each Level, L1, L2, L3, L4.  The problem I'm having is I can't assign attributes (value ranges) for each Level.  I can show the workflow going from one approver to the next but not how to stop once the approver with the approval value of the requisition has approved.

Unfortunately, we don't use Org Management, and each cost center has a different approval strategy (some have 4 approvers, some have only 2) and they may be set with different approval ranges.  I've tried to keep a standard range for each level but if a cost center only has 2 approvers (one under $100K, one over $100K), I don't want to make the 1 approver approver 3 times (L1 0-5K, L2 5-10K, L3 10-100K).

I'm willing to start over to make this work, I feel like I'm close but it's not quite right.